Friday, January 04, 2008

A is for...Alpaca...

Of course, A has to be for Alpaca! How could you not love a little face like that? The Alpaca farm where this darling lives is not even ten miles from my house over in Vermont. I love the way they look and their gentle ways...the sounds they make are so soft! Then there is the yarn...well, sheer joy to knit with alpaca yarn!!!

Really must get back there soon and see how this little guy is doing. If you've been reading my blog for a while - you know that he was less than 24 hours old when this photo was taken.
Love this sign...it just says so much about them...
Just think, can you imagine having some fleece spun into yarn from these award winning alpacas? And, this was only one side of the area that had ribbons on it...there were three other sides just as full.
Thanks for letting me vent yesterday - today is much better! And, hopefully the first few days of the new year that were so trying are behind me...and I can look forward to a great year!!!

Yesterday's Poem: In A Rose Garden by John Bennett

Today's Poem: Sleep Sweet by Helen M. Huntington Gates

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I dont' blame you at all for being upset yesterday. All that red tape.

It's going to be a good year. :)
I love the Alpaca photo. Cute!
~S

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE the Alpaca's Sara....AZnd that face is just about as dear as can be!
I need to read your post from yesterday...And I will do that right now!
Oh, and when you do go back to The Alpace Farm, I hope you will take more pictures!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Is the baby alpaca wearing an alpaca knit sweater?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home