Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas...Part Two...

Ahhh, Mother is relaxing under the beautiful blanket which Tara sent her. She also received a beautiful sweater from Tara and a scarf which I knit for her. So, she is set for the winter. My sister, Mary, is sending some money and I think new shoes will be in order.

My dear friend, Ann, remember me with this box full of wonderful goodies...pecan brittle, a cute mouse ornament, lavender to grow, candy, notecards, a magnetic bookmark, some really good tea, and gorgeous yarn. The yarn is cotton and came with a pattern for me to try...it will be fun!


This would be a gorgeous scarf that my friend, Cheryl knit for me. It came along with some really interesting soap...Almond Biscotti...(Cocoa Butter and Olive Oil pamper while fresh coffee grounds gently scrub your skin)...the soap came from turtlecovesoaps.esty.com...The scarf from Cheryl's hands...(this is one of the first times that anyone has knit anything for me...)
My friend, Pat, sent me this adorable little kit to make an Altered Children ornament. It is going to be fun trying a new technique this coming year.
My daughter, Tara, sent me a beautiful blanket, too! And, a knitting book I have been wanting for a while...No Sheep For You. Looking forward to knitting most of the items in this book! (Especially the silk robe!!!)
There will be more to share with you - when we celebrate our Christmas with Scarlett in the next week or so...plus I also received a cute knit hat from one of my knitting/quilting friends and a handmade ornament which I still need to get a photo of...

All in all, it has been a very nice Christmas!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Andi said...

I need to share some of my Christmas on my blog...finding the time to edit photos is going to be a chore. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Andi said...

I would love to grow lavender. How hard is it to do???

Michele sent me. :-)

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele sent me to check out your Christmas gifts, lucky you- I'm really liking that book title- No Sheep for You, (should be Ewe)& that picture on the cover of the book! Lol- very entertaining.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Good haul! I totally forgot to take pictures of my gifts this year. LOL I'm still working on getting things mailed. Maybe by Valentines Day!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Fluke Starbucker said...

mom looks thrilled to be posing for the camera under her new blanket

Looks like a great Christmas!

Hello, Michele sent me.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I'm glad your little kit arrived. Kits are always fun to tuck away for a day when you are needing something new to play with. They are also great to take to Dr.s appointments since waiting is usually over an hour.
Your mom looks cozy and it looks like you have lots of fun goodies to play with. Enjoy, and Happy New Year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home