Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Reminiscent of the 60s...70s...

Today was very reminiscent of the 60s and 70s - those days when we challenged the government, sang protest songs, and proclaimed our right to be Americans...

Only today, we weren't challenging the government - but rather learning about a candidate that is running for President of our great nation! And, he brought some really heavy duty players with him...

Peter Coyote - Hollywood actor was first to appear on stage and introduce two of the best of the best singers around...
Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Browne...
I admit it - I have been wild about Jackson Browne from day one - and you know - he hasn't changed much...gotten a little older than the last time I saw him in person - but, then I'm no spring chicken myself!
The music was great - even though the concert was short - but, they were here in support of John Edwards...and they did what they were supposed to do - bring out a good crowd - to learn about what John Edwards stands for.
Bonnie Raitt is simply outstanding...and I'd forgotten how much I like her. It was the first time I ever saw her live...and I wasn't disappointed. The Lebanon Opera House was packed to the max - don't think there was an empty seat - and it's not a small place...
It was wonderful! It was fun! It made you feel alive! It made you feel like you were a young person learning about what our government was about and what plans John Edwards had to bring his vision of America to the public.

More tomorrow...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger colleen said...

Oh! I love both Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Brown. Some people say I look like her. I have a white streak too. Only now it's spreading all over my head and hard to see. I'm impressed that they support him. Many of my friends want Kuchinch. But I am not a purest myself and am hoping Edwards gets the nomination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home