Friday, December 14, 2007

Prepared...

A Nor'easter is scheduled starting tomorrow...so, today I spent time getting prepared. They are saying we will get about a foot of snow! So, this afternoon, I went and got my hair cut (no, it wasn't a necessity - I just wanted to look cute for the holidays!) picked up mother's medicine at the pharmacy, and grocery shopping.

Bought the usual bread, milk, and eggs - then thought about it and picked up some lunch meat and snacks - just, in case, the power went out. I really didn't want to eat tuna for three meals a day!

So, we are prepared...the car is parked in the parking lot and that's where it will stay until Monday...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger colleen said...

My niece got stuck for 8 hours coming home from Boston the other day.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

I too am getting ready for more snow. I am looking forward to the weekend with free time to read and sit by the fireplace.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Stay safe and warm! Don't forget the pictures for us southerners who don't get such things.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I hope it's beautiful! You were smart to prepare, hopefully that means it will pass you by...

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hair cuts give us such a high! I am sure you look very good. Michele sent me here today!


rooted
reading room

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I got prepared and did the last of our Holiday shopping as well as getting groceries at 7:30 am ... to beat the crowd. Sure glad I did because the parking lots were horrendous by afternoon. We were glad to settle in & wait for the storm. I got pictures this morning ... and I totally enjoy the snow when I DON't have to be at work, LOL.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

We're still getting slammed by the storm. Now it's transitioning to squalls off the lake, so it looks like we're in for another night of listening to the wind.

I find it incredibly comforting. The kids loved this weekend, as did we!

Hi from Michele's. Hope you're warm and safe as the weekend ends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home