Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Wrapping up November...

Knitting took a front seat in November with having to finish up the hats and mittens for Headstart and getting them delivered. Seems that I spent most of my time at my two knitting groups - the Monday one from 9-Noon and the Friday one from 1-3. Then the last couple of weeks I even added a Wednesday 1-3 group.

Never made it to any of my quilt guild meetings. Tammy, our friend that used to live with us, is still my only person to sit for mother - but, it hasn't been working out too well as she keeps getting called into work at the last minute! Today, I found another person and I will be interviewing them next week. I just need my time at quilt guild...I miss my friends there a lot.

Reading got lost somewhere in November! I only managed to read one book - highly unusual for me. But, at least it was a book I really enjoyed: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I've put my poetry reading on hold until the beginning of the year...but plan to finish that huge book of poems.

Additionally, the weeks of November 19th - 30th was devoted to Knit Unto Others. Even being a slow knitter, I managed to finish up two adorable pair of mittens. They will be going to Soaring Eagles Project .

Flannel sheets and blankets are now on the bed...and we are getting it together for winter in New Hampshire. And, I plan to enjoy it this year...the beauty, the cold, the snow, and all the feelings and joys of the season.

Even Killian seems to have gotten into the winter spirit!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Killian's got the right idea! He looks so comfy :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home