Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Boys (and Girls) In The Band...

Thinking back on the groups that were my favorites - it dawned on me that

1) Most of them aren't together anymore and/or
2) A lot of their members are dead and gone.

Groups such as: Three Dog Night, The Doobie Brothers, Queen, The Mamas and The Papas, ELO, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Chicago, The Jackson Five, The Supremes, Fleetwood Mac, Four Tops, Bad Company, Poco, Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, and The Eagles! And, that's probably just a few in no particular order that I can think of off the top of my head...

Yet, Sunday night was like visiting with old friends...the boys in the band - The Eagles - to be precise, were on 60 Minutes. Can you believe they are 60? When did that happen? I mean wasn't is just yesterday that we were singing "New Kid in Town", "Hotel California", "Tequila Sunrise", "Heartache Tonight", or "One of these Nights"?

The Eagles ranked right up there at the top of my favorites...yet, when they split up and went their own way no one stood out for me. Yea, Glenn Frey was interesting in his roles in Miami Vice and the only song I really liked was "Smuggler's Blues". In these last few years I've learned to appreciate Don Henley, but only because of his duets with other artists.

So, you can imagine that having a new Eagles album is just one of the best things happening right now in my corner of the world...



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I love The Eagles, too! One of my all time favorite groups. I'm also a huge Led Zeppelin fan. I was in love with Robert Plant!!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Bernie said...

Way to many of your list I have not even heard of!!!

There are some though...

Here from Michele's

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh I saw that too! I'm not sure how they got older since I really didn't. Yeah, right! I especially like that I can afford their new cd.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Hotel California rings a bell. I miss Free but wouldn't be the same without Kossoff. And I miss Jimi Hendrix. all gone alas. Maybe I should give the Eagles a listen. Thanks for the idea.
Michele sends her best.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

OMG, I remember all of those, "New Kid in Town", "Hotel California", "Tequila Sunrise", "Heartache Tonight", or "One of these Nights" ... but why didn't I remember that the Eagles were the ones that did those? Ah after the Beatles, my life was filled with lots of music that I liked but I just can't remember who the heck sang them!!

NO, I didn't take drugs, LOL.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

I'm an Eagles fan too! I was thrilled to be able to see them in concert a few years ago--plus it was like having a mini-concert by Glenn Frey, Don Henley, & Joe Walsh as well!

In fact, although I'm a tad bit younger (not too much, though!), I love most all the ones on your list. :)

Hello, Michele sent me!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Did you see the latest cover of Rolling Stone, with the surviving members of Led Zeppelin on the cover! Jimmy Page is silver!

How funny that there's another Janet here who loves Robert Plant :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home