Saturday, November 17, 2007

Continuing Down the Road...

If you continue past the "Welcome to Vermont" sign - the first stop light you come to is Route 5. If you turn right you will end up in Windsor and can continue it all the way up to White River Junction (that's as far as I've been on 5 - but I know it goes on).

But if you turn Left - you get to travel down a beautiful area with the river beside you as you head for areas such as Bellows Falls and Brattleboro.

Did I tell you that several years before moving up here to New Hampshire - I took a quiz at Find Your Spot - it's one of those places where you answer a bunch of questions and it tells you the perfect place for you to live - and guess what my number one place that they suggested was???? Would you believe - Brattleboro, Vermont!!!! And, now I live about an hour away. Go figure!

Anyway, Wilgus State Park is about a mile down the road on the left.

But, right past the park is this area of rock and lo and behold, a waterfall. I love waterfalls! So, thought I'd share some photos of this small fall with you. It does get larger in the spring!





Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That sure is a BEAUTIFUL spot, Sara....I was here and starting to read and gotinterupted by a visitor...So, Sorry! Anyway....That is very peaceful looking--Running Water is soothing, too!
How amazing that you are living just about where it said you should!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Gordon said...

Hello Michelle sent me.
Yeah it is a lovely spot that's for sure, some of those "quizlets" I'm sure have some form of remote viewing tool so they know me better than I know myself...

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Michele sent me back again. I love waterfalls too, I photographed several when we were on holiday in September. there is something soothing about the sound of rushing water.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Moon said...

Here from Michele's today..enjoyed reading your blog. I live in Montreal...although not the same highway..the one that crosses the border into NY state..towards the town of Delmar...is also a lovely highway to travel, We went to see friends this last Oct...while the fall colours were all out, wow, was such a lovely drive..all trees, and hills...breathtaking!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Sara!!!! Your post brought tears to my eyes. You found my waterfall!!!!!!!! I lived less than half a mile past this waterfall right on route 5 my very first year in VT. Right on the river. I would go canoeing at Wilgus all the time...and Brattleboro is great. I am going to take the quiz right now and see how it turns out. Make sure you go see the waterfall once it is frozen- it is gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home