Friday, November 16, 2007

On The Road...

Vermont and New Hampshire are next door to each other...and I am less than five minutes from the state line. While out on my way to Windsor, Vermont to recycle my soda cans, I thought I'd take some photos for you to see.

I am standing in the middle of the bridge that crosses the Connecticut River and looking North. This river divides Vermont and New Hampshire - sort of a natural dividing line. So, if you look to the left of the river you are looking at Vermont...anything to the right is New Hampshire.


The mountain in the distance is the same one that I photograph a lot - Mt. Ascutney - and it is in Vermont.
Coming into New Hampshire this little sign at the beginning of the bridge lets you know you are in Claremont.Entering Vermont, you are greeted by this sign.

Most of my photos are clickable to enlarge...I've never mentioned that before..so, don't know if you knew...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Looks lovely! Michele sent me today.

Why do you have to cross the state line to recycle? That's not fair! Well, at least you get lovely pictures out of it.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Are your leave lasting longer this year than most? Our color seems to be hanging around too, usually most of the leave have fallen by now and we're in full-on raking season.

thanks for your visit!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

HI! Michele sent me. Coincidentally, I just took a photo of the car ferry across the Ohio River from Kentucky! Nice site here. Enjoy!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Michele sent me to see the lovely area you live in. I see you are a quilter, I am too, though I haven't done much quilting lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home