Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Love Reaches Out...

Janet suggested over at her blog something called Love Reaches Out. Basically, each time you knit a charity item you honor a friend...

This is my first time to knit mittens...aren't they cute??? And, so small. I knit the hat and mittens as part of the group knitting project that the group I knit with on Friday afternoon does. But more on that tomorrow.

I am choosing to honor my friend, Ann.

She has been such a wonderful friend to me during this past year. She has laughed with me, cried with me, and cussed with me, but most important she has encouraged me to do what is best for me and my family and helped me learn how to move on.

She taught me that when life hands me lemons to grab the tequila and call her! And, we'll get it solved!

There were a lot of firsts for both her and I during this year...and we both grew and learned...therefore - these mittens are a symbol of the firsts in our lives and of getting things done and learning.

Thanks, Ann. Love ya!

In the spirit of thanksgiving - today I am thankful for friends (yes, again...one can never be too thankful for friends and family!!!)


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Wow...you bring tears to my eyes my buddy Sara. You know how I feel about doing for others and charity knitting...it's very important to me, to make this world a better place.

We have both been through some very challenging times this year. It really helped to know that I had such caring and supportive friends just a phone call, an email, a blog post or a snail mail card away.

I am deeply touched and honored by you today my friend...

Hugs back at you.

<3

Ann

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, those are just precious! That's going to be one lucky little one that gets those mittens, and I bet the strength & Love of Ann follows them! What a blessing and totally cool thing to do!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What a great thing to do :)

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never learned to knit, and now I wish I had.

Michele sent me to tell you that I love this idea, and the hat and mittens are adorable.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Thanks so much, Sara. I have posted about this on the Love Reaches Out blog site.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger November Rain said...

thanks for coming to my blog...

I crochet and I am currently doing a baby blanket for my sister in law


those gloves and hat are cute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home