Saturday, October 13, 2007

Kitchen Photos...finally...

Getting organized in a new home seems to take forever! But, finally, my kitchen and dining area are done!
The Dining area is part of my kitchen - but, I sort of wanted to separate it a bit...and I think it is a success. Both bookcases hold my cookbooks and cooking magazine. The shot glasses on the back bookcase have been collected on my travels as have been a lot of my cookbooks. My counter space for some of my small appliances and canisters is in the corner. I like it a lot and it still leaves me with enough counter space to work.This is the view from the living room - you see the stove and refrigerator - the sink area is hidden by the wall. The cabinet above the refrig holds my good china while the other two cabinets going across that wall hold some canned goods and spices.
These two cabinets hold most of my food - and act as my pantry. There is never enough cabinet space in any kitchen.
This photo shows the sink area and my microwave. The cabinets on the top hold my dishes and glassware. The bottom ones from the left - tupperware type stuff, then cleaning products under the sink, and the last two doors are my pots, pans, and skillets.

It is a nice size kitchen...and I am most comfortable in it. All the appliances work well and I have lots of room to cook and bake.

Updated: Gee, I totally didn't mention my tea pot collection which is scattered all over my kitchen and dining room...Duh...

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger rashbre said...

It must be satisfying to reach a state of organization! And without reaching for those shot glasses! It seems that you have some good 'zones' for different activities!

And hello, Michele sent me! (right at midnight here in the UK!)

rashbre

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

great . . . what's for dinner (nervously looking at those ripening bananas).

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

It is always good when you sort things out and organise them so that you feel settled in. I love that you have zoned your kitchen and dining area too :)

Michele sent me to say hi.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Look at all your cookbooks!
And I love the black cabinets with the centered pulls. :)
~S

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Very nice, Sara! I see that you have my first cookbook - the Joy of Cooking. I have a very early version (1960) and I still use it often. I like your teapots, too. Michele sent me.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm amazed at how quickly you've made it look so much like home. If I didn't know better, I'd swear from these pictures that you've been there forever.

I know who I'm asking for advice the next time we move!

All the best from Michele's (again). Hope you're not sick of me this weekend!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like a kitchen where the various work areas ae well demarcated. Yours seems perfect. I like the pictures!

Michele sent me here to have a dekko at your kitchen!

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way you have red pieces accenting the black and white. Very homey.

And you're right, there is NEVER enough counter space.

And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

If you're ever looking for a new meme, check out www.cafewriting.com - we'd love to have you play with us.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Sara, Michele sent me back to see you kitchen again! Thanks for the visit and comment.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Looks super, Sara. LOL I initially typed "Looks supper"! Maybe I need to go eat :) It's just so fun to get things arranged just the way you like them.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks very homey and inviting! Glad you were able to get organized!

Michele sent me tonight!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Fianna said...

Oh the cookbooks! So many cookbooks!! Love them!

Michele would probably love them as well.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Pirate Princess said...

An organized kitchen! *gasp* It CAN happen... lol. :D

Thanks for visiting. Teapots are a great collection - know where they're from and all? Or did you just pick pretty one? hehe

Oh, and yes, did make the pickles. yum. :)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

welcome to your new place, when I get mine cleaned up, I will post pictures also

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You're better at organizing than I am. Hey, I have the Joy of Cooking also. But you sure out do me on the total of cookbooks. And now I see some of your tea pots. Love 'em! Would you believe I now have 3 of them and before my tea cozy, I only had one.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Janet said...

You are so organized! And you have a lot of cookbooks. Even though I hate to cook, I love to read cookbooks! Weird, huh!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Your kitchen looks like a comfy one, you've obviously put a lot of time and effort into it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home