Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A WTF Tuesday...Yes, It Was...

Tuesday, that would have been yesterday! The day started out fairly simple with me piddling around the house...then at 1:00 in the afternoon I met our former roommate, Tammy, at the old house. Her dog, Venus, had been sick so Scarlett was dropping her at the vet for an all day stay today to see if they can figure out what is wrong.

Next we stopped at the Jiffy Mart - me to pick up a Pepsi and Tammy to get cigarettes (yea, she still smokes!). From there I was on my way to the library and Tammy was on her way to the Post Office and then work.

As I came out of the Jiffy Mart my cell was ringing...it was Tammy. She had be hit up at the corner! I flew up there and her car was smashed up...she was still in it - a small gash on her head above her eye. The other car was up against the light post. She must have been going a pretty good speed because the driver's airbag and the passenger's airbag both went off!

After checking on Tammy, I went to check on the lady that hit her...and she said "I don't know what happened. I thought it was green, then I thought it was red...I've been having TIAs and blacking out, and I think I blacked out."

I'm thinking, "If you've been blacking out, WTF are you doing driving?"

Tammy was taken to the hospital! Both cars were hauled off. The lady that hit her went home. Four hours later and a zillion x-rays later, Tammy was released from the hospital...she is okay - just a lot of brusing. But, a few more inches and it would have hit the driver's door and Tammy would have been very seriously hurt. I drove Tammy home just thankful it wasn't any worse.

So, that was our day yesterday.

Monday's Poem: Need of Loving by Strickland Gillilan

Tuesday's Poem
If You're Ever Going To Love Me by Unknown

Today's Poem: I'll Remember You, Love, In My Prayers by Unknown

Side Note: Today's poem has been recorded by Alison Krauss. The words are a little different.

7 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

I'm so glad she's okay! How scary!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Jeepers - that's enough of a day to last at least a month! Touch wood, here's hoping that particular streak is over.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! This is scary!!!!
I am glad to hear that she is ok. On another note...too funny to read your blog and know that Jiffy Mart (go there all the time) and I presume that it was the maple ave/pleasant st intersection that the accident was at???

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Scary stuff! I'm glad she is ok. And how is the doggie doing? Hopefully they've figure out what's wrong and are getting it all lined out.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Deb R said...

Good grief!! That woman SO should not have been driving. I'm glad no one was hurt any worse than it already was!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Thank goodness she's OK - and that she had you there for her.

It blows me away that people with medical conditions like TIAs would even CONSIDER getting behind the wheel. They're so worried about their own freedoms that they completely ignore the damage and tragedy they can cause in the process. She's lucky she didn't kill your friend.

I don't say this to be cruel, but I hope the insurance company throws the book at her, and I hope she's pulled off the road as a result. My worst fear every time I get in the car is that some self-centered idiot like this will put his/her choice to drive over the safety of me and my family.

Gaa!

There, I've vented. Michele sent me to share my somewhat heated thoughts. Sorry.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh wow ... I'm glad it turned out okay. Scary! Why do people drive when they KNOW they shouldn't be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home