Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Ramblings...

Sunday Ramblings...my way of posting about small things that have happened during the week that don't warrent their own post...

1) The weather finally settled down by Friday evening...and the city is cleaning up the downed trees. Saturday and today have been just gorgeous...even a little on the cool side!

It was so nice that Mother and I took a ride. We started out going somewhere special (I'll tell you all about it tomorrow when I can post photos)...and took a side trip to check out where the big "pick your own" Apple farm was. I thought about it - but, it was packed!\

2) I've never liked cucumber or the smell of it - so would you please tell me what was I thinking when I got some shampoo and conditioner that has cucumber in it and smells of it so much! I almost re-washed my hair today! Now I'm on a mission looking for anything in my cosmetics, bath products, and shampoos that has that in it...It's outta here!!!

3) Reading time has been at a premium this month - only read 271 pages - when I usually read over 1000. But the book I read was really good...From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, The War, and a Dog Named Lava by Lt.Col. Jay Kopelman with Melinda Roth.

4) Am having a wonderful time reading a poem a day! That seems to be about as much poetry as I can handle in one day...and it gives me time to reflect on the poem.

5. Okay, what gives with the new tv show: Journeyman? I'll tell you I felt like I was at a tennis match watching the ball go over the net - only it was him back and forth and back and forth. I felt like I was going to get whiplash!

6) The other new show I was looking forward to was Life - but I got so tired of him talking to himself or mumbling and always having a mouthful of food - he just plain got on my last nerve! Guess I should have logged on that night and chatted with the executive producer...

Yesterday's poem: Any Wife or Husband by Carol Haynes
Today's poem: To My Unborn Son by Captain Cyril Morton Thorne

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Well Hey, ho and a hello there, you can blame Michelle she sent me :D...
Yeah I have times like that when I want post what happened that day but nothing really much happens so I don't post I do sometimes make these kinds of posts but I often forget or something else comes up and gets in the way. I like cucumber, so my hate is zucchini or courgette as I call it, don't see the point in this one at all.. *yuck!* cucumber to eat and maybe slices on they eyes but anything else is just wrong.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger catsmum said...

hi Sara
re the BSJ comment you left on my blog. You HAVE to start it asap... and while you're doing it just have faith. It is a really really seriously weird knit but so clever.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Deb R said...

I loved Journeyman! It was my favorite new show I watched last week (which means it won't last...the ones I like best almost never do). I didn't try Life though. That one didn't look too appealing to me.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I've been missing new shows right and left... but I'm going to make sure we don't miss "Pushing Up Daisies."
~S

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What orchard did you go to? Wellwood or Poverty Lane?
Both lovely...I was at Wellwood a few weeks ago with the mother in law.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home