Monday, September 24, 2007

Finished Blocks

The blocks are finished. Think they turned out rather nicely. Everything matches up! It is probably one of the best jobs of matching seams up that I've done in a long time. They still need to be squared up to 12-1/2 inch blocks - but for the life of me I still cannot find my 12-1/2 square inch ruler. It is still in some box I am sure!

Didn't realize how much I missed sewing...and putting together some pieces of fabric and making something pretty. I haven't touched my sewing machine since I moved into my new apartment in May. And, it is nearly the end of September! That is not going to happen again!

I so love the feeling I get when I sit down and put pieces of fabric in some orderly manner and they turn out to sometimes be gorgeous! I don't even think I can explain the feeling...maybe if you are another quilter you will understand what I mean.

The purple star will go into a quilt that is comprised of blue, green and purple stars. I haven't seen the other blocks that everyone is making but it should be beautiful! The person receiving this quilt needs the comfort that it will bring her - not just the warmth from the fabric itself - but, knowing that people she doesn't know have made a block for her and put their best wishes into it and cared enough to do so.


The red star block will go into the quilt that we will raffle. All the stars will be different reds. Have no idea why but these red star quilts go over so well - and we make quite a bit on the raffles. The monies will provide many massages for the terminally ill - and the therapists will get a portion of what they normally charge in payment from this quilts proceeds.

I will do my best to get photos of the completed quilts so that you can see them.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The squares are lovely, Sara. I wish I could sew, but for me it's just very stressful. Maybe that's a good thing though, it's not like I have oodles of time for another obsession :-)

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I don't quilt... but I have done ceramics and beaded jewelry... and I know the feeling you describe. :)
I love them both (and love both those colors generally).

~S :)

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh you did an excellent job! Mine never seem to quite match up no matter how hard I try. But I still keep trying! And I love the idea of the massages. What a wonderful thing to do.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the squares! Someday I would love to learn to quilt like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home