Friday, October 12, 2007

I was Tagged...

My friend, Debbi, tagged me to answer the Seven Truths Meme...I'm supposed to tag seven others - but, you know me - I'm not very good at that - so, it you want to play - let me know in the comments and I'll come see what you had to say...

Seven Truths MEME

1. I am the oldest daughter of five children my mother had. Had a brother, George, who passed away at one day; then me; another brother, John, who passed away after a few hours; a sister, Mary Ellen, who is alive and lives in Tampa, FL; and another sister, Evangeline, who passed away at six months old.

2. As a child, I lived in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico until I was six and we moved to Tampa, FL.

3. I had a pet goat named Comet and a pig, named Piggy. Comet used to like to eat the nylons that hung on the line of the "Ladies of the Evening" who worked at the club whose land bordered our home.

4. I was 30 when I had my daughter - just like my mother was when she had me. My daughter did not continue the tradition.

5. My writing career began by writing for sports magazines in Tampa.

6. Currently I am hand quilting a king-size quilt for my daughter.

7. During this last year I have become intrigued with photography...and take photos with my digital camera all the time.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hand quilting a king-size quilt? I can't imagine...wow.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

I am glad you decided to play.

I can not imagine the loss of 3 children. Blessing to your Mom.

Hand quilting a king size quilt does not sound like fun.

PS I deleted my first comment because I had spelling errors.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Mike Davis said...

I used to have a pet lamb called 'Sunday Lunch'. He never was, though.

Here from Michele

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger BreadBox said...

I've been enjoying your photos for months now Sara! Always something interesting to see:-)

Michele sent me today,
N.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Geggie said...

Michele sent me to say hi.

What a personal assortment of truths. Very interesting.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Sara. Dropped by from Michele's to let you know how glad I am that I've found your blog inthe past year. You're one of my favorite reads!

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele sent me to read your truths. My Mother was 30 when she had me too- her first child. Her own mother was 20 though. I was 21 when I had my first though- breaking the setup of all 3 of us being born in years that ended in 8.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

The biggest quilt I've hand quilted is double bed sized, and the task seemed to go on and on. I found it was better just to enjoy the process and not think about getting finished! I enjoyed your seven truths, but I won't join in, because I did this one a whle back. Michele sent me.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...these are some wonderful answers. I feel so very much for your mom. I can't imagine what she must have gone through.

Hand quilting a king size quilt? That is amazing! My grandmother used to make quilts all the time and she did them all by hand.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

enjoyed

sounds like an interesting life thus far

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Oh, I enjoyed this one. I learned some things about you! I think Comet is an excellent name for a goat. And undeniably, Piggy is certainly fitting for a Piggy. :) Would be fun to see photos if you have them. The story about Comet eating the nylons is funny.

Michele sent me this time!
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home