Friday, October 26, 2007

Back...and Friday Fill-in...

This week has been different for me. It has been a time for retrospection, realization, and acceptance...and I am fine...just needed the time to both heal, grow, and care for myself. Therefore, I haven't posted since last Saturday...but, I am back.

More to come in the next few days...but, today, I will leave you with the Friday Fill-in...

1. The last good thing that came in the mail was a knitting book I won from Jen.

2. This week I'm grateful for the beautiful weather.

3. Fresh picked carrots served with black bean dip is the most delicious thing ever.

4. Having my sewing machine back from being fixed inspires me.

5. I'm most happy when I think of my family and friends.

6. And all the roads we have to walk along are covered with colorful leaves.

7. As for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching “The Women’s Murder Club” while I knit on a surprise for someone, tomorrow my plans include making black bean dip and stuffed peppers and Sunday, I want to watch some movies I rented, knit, and read!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Michele sent me to say hi and I am looking forward to a peaceful day alone tomorrow as MB is going to a friend's all day.

And I am grateful that my dad has made it safely through bowel surgery.

cq

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Michele sent me to see that you're a fiber artist....I am too! Though you're probably much better than me! Now I must motivate myself to throw two halloween costumes together.....

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Hi Sara!
I would never have thought of eating carrots with black-bean dip if I hadn't read this! I may have to try this! I eat them with hummus. :)

You know, following the adage, you can't please everyone, I think it's perfectly fine to borrow the jewish tradition of having a Mezuzah. Some orthodox jewish people might feel possessive of this tradtion, but just as many jewish people would not feel possess or mind at all. I think it's all in the way we go about things, for sure. But, that concern is exactly why I stated that I was respectfully borrowing the tradtion. Carmi commented on that post of mine, mentioning his own family's tradition with Mezuzahs. And he didn't seem to mind one bit. I think it if feels good and means something to you, you're honoring its intentions.

~S :)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Take care of yourself :-)

Yippee for winning something! Aren't we lucky to live in such a beautiful place? Thanks for playing, have fun this weekend and take care of yourself :-)

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. *Sigh* I wish I didn't have to study this weekend.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Michele sent me!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

Always interesting to read people's responses to these sorts of things: I'd never have thought of having carrots with a black bean dip either
(was just typing this and realised that Shephard had said the exact same thing!)
Michele sent me this time, of course!
N.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for coming by Sara...
Your weekend sounds just wonderful to me. Filled with thinfs you LOVE to do. What could be better?

Glad to read you feel somewhat 'healed'...

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Sounds like a full night! Glad to see you back among us.MIchele says hi.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds great Sara- the leaves are gorgeous on the ground right now.
I may be on Maple Ave. next weekend. I will let you know!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

We all need time to rest and reflect. Re-energize.enjoy.life.at.a.slower.pace.
for awhile. ;-)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

Your post sounds very peaceful. I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home