Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Over at Shephard's blog, he had this great quiz...and it looked like fun to do...so, here goes...

1. Describe your dream house/environment?

My environment is much more important to me than the physical house itself - although I like windows a lot...and have nice windows where I live. I want my environment to be peaceful, to contain beautiful scenery - such as pretty trees, flowers, and mountains in the near distance, and to offer me the place where I can be me...and enjoy the things I like - music, reading, creating (knitting, quilting, counted cross-stitch, embroidery, etc).

2. Favorite physical feature of the same and opposite sex?

Eyes...always!! A person's eyes are the window to their soul!

3. What's the last CD you fell in love with and couldn't stop playing?

Oh, that is really tough...but, it has to be 2 cds...

Eye to the Telescope by KT Tunstall - I'd never heard of her and then the other night while watching Cold Case they played her song - Suddenly I See - and I went out and bought the album...the entire album is awesome...

There isn't a song on this album that I don't know all the words to and sing along with...it is just one of the best albums...what album might that be - you ask... 1100 Bel Air Place by Julio Iglesias.

4. What song do you want played at your funeral/wake?

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen...and then I Stand All Amazed - it is one of my favorite religious songs.

5. What is your least favorite errand to run?

Going to get my drivers license renewed. The office is in one of the old mills that has not been renovated very well. And, to boot - they are only open on Thursday and Friday.

6. Three things that really steam your broccoli - (make you angry)?

a. People who mistreat animals. Oh, I'm ready to give them the electric chair! That to me is the worse thing anyone can do.
b. Careless drivers - those that constantly switch lanes or tailgate or are rude.
c. The government waste of taxpayer dollars.

7. Do you believe in an afterlife?

Yes, but, it's my own belief - it's what I personally believe from things I have learned and studied...not the traditional heaven and hell type thing.

8. Favorite children's book?

Has to be Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Read it many times as a child.

9. Why is Gone With The Wind your all time favorite movie?

Because I fell in love with the book when I read it...because the movie stuck to the book...because the love story between Rhett and Scarlett was awesome...because I've always felt that I was a survivor like Scarlett...It was just one of the best movies!!!!

10. If you could have one super power, what would it be?

Tough question - the ability to transport myself anywhere...that way I could visit my daughter, my sister, and friends a lot easier than using public transportation.

Bonus question: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Lots and lots - it pays to take your time to get to something good.

10 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Very good answers!
I love "Suddenly I see!" The lyrics are wonderful.
Enjoyed your answers!
~S

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Gerry said...

Interesting. I like your answers.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I like your superpower wish. History bears out that improvements in transportation are always the ignition points of historical change.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Love your answers. I'm going to check out that album "Eye to the Telescope by KT Tunstall" ... I want the same super power.... just suddenly pop into anyplace I want to be. With family & friends all over the country, that would be the best way to get there, huh? ... as long as I can bring my knitting with me ;-)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is a great Meme! I may just have to try it!
Some of the questions are very thought provoking...And I even think the Tootsie Pop question is thought provoking, too! (lol)
I am going over to Amazon and listen to some of that CD by KT Tunstall...and thanks for that!

Michele thanks you, too! (*smile*)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Smiler said...

I like "transportation" as a superpower too.
Btw, hi, Michele sent me. :-)

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ "Another One Bites The Dust". That's an awesome choice!

Michele sent me.

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! I have to agree with you about the mistreatment of animals.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Bernie said...

For a funeral, I think I would have G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S by Fergie!!

Here from Michele's tonight!

burntofferings and more at bernies fotoblog

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Fine answers; they were so well written. 'Another One Bites The Dust' was a good choice!


Michele sent me here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home