Thursday, November 15, 2007

Another Candidate in Claremont...

Tuesday evening was spent at Stevens High School Gym for a political rally for another Democratic candidate! With the New Hampshire primary being so important - we get a lot of candidates in the area. In places where I've lived before, I've never had the opportunity to have access to those running for office in such an up close and personal way.

So much goes into getting the venue set up...chairs have to be set up; the fire department has to approve the set up; then chairs have to be tied together; signs are hung; and the place is ready for those entering.

The Secret Service agents, who along with campaign staff, are all under the age of 12 - or so it seems check the place out and make sure everything looks perfect! Once that happens...a few of the local dignitaries (in the case, New Hampshire State Representatives) go back to greet the candidate and then one of them gets to introduce him.

The him, in this case, is Barack Obama.

He spoke for about a half an hour - then actually took questions from the locals for about another half hour to forty-five minutes. His speech was so inspiring! And, I was impressed enough with the things he had to say that I will be taking a good look at his policies and beliefs.

Here he is up close and personal with the crowd. This photo was taken right after he shook my hand and thanked me for being there.

As far as I am concerned, this is one of the best elections I've ever participated in...for the first time in a long time I feel excited about our country and election...maybe it's because it is the first time that I've had the opportunity to meet and greet some of the candidates.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

What a great opportunity to meet and listen to what the candidates have to say.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

It's strange; I live in another early voting state, but here the candidates don't seem to be doing the small venues they're all doing in NH: here they go to the bigger cities, and have bigger meetings. A great shame.

N.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

Oh, and of course, Michele sent me tonight! But you knew that, since I followed you on the comment game;-)
N.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home