Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Commitment to Loveliness...

I mentioned this yesterday...so, today, I thought I would expand on it...

This idea comes from Emma over at Charming the Birds From The Trees. "This is a fun way to increase femininity and beauty in our lives each week without even trying! All you have to do is choose five things that you would like to work on or do during the week that will increase the loveliness in your life!"

I have been working on it by myself without sharing any of my choices for the week with anyone...and, I am finding that without setting it in writing where one or more can see it - it doesn't get done. It's like there has to be some accountability for chosing things and then getting them done.

This week's five are:

1) Address and mail Thanksgiving Day cards!

2) Winter is arriving...Use body lotion on entire body everyday after taking my shower!

3) Buy fresh flowers for the house!

4) Drink at least one 16 ounce bottle of water a day!

5) Make sure all the dishes are washed and the kitchen is clean before going to bed each night!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Wonderful idea! And you're right....sometimes we have to put it in writing and let others know about it and then it becomes something we are more likely to do. I love that picture from Emma's site.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

These saound terrific, Sara....I just may have to do a few of them...(LOL)
Seriosly, they do make sense and I am sure it makes you feel better about yourself! Great Idea, my dear.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I like the idea of this as well. A daily commitment to aesthetics that buoy the spirit. Glad you're sharing the idea. The dishes and fresh flowers things esp. :)
~S

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Gerry said...

WOW, what a concept....women taking time for themselves! You're right, though. A little 'me' time goes a long way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home