Friday, November 09, 2007

My Favorite Road...Again...

Half Mile Road is simply my favorite road in Claremont. While it may not go very far - it more than makes up for its lack of length by its quantity of beauty.

Fall brings bright colors and more views of the sky through the branches. It is just lovely. This Halloween they had hung two scarecrows from the overpass that runs across the road. I was too late to take a photo as they had been knocked to the ground.

So, this is fall on Half Mile Road...
And, in case you forgot - this was the photo I took and posted this summer. I tried to get pretty close to the same spot... And, in the spirit of thanksgiving, I am so thankful for roads like this that offer such beauty and allow for a sense of peace.


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Shari said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. Fall is beautiful.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy weekend! Michele sent me.

I'm drooling at the thought of taking my bike out on that road... that'd be great fun. And it looks relatively flat, a rarity around here!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Beautiful photos! I wish I could wander down that road on a crisp fall day....or a warm summer afternoon with all those trees to give shade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home