Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday...After Major Food Day...

Never did get a photo of the entire chicken as it came out of the oven...so, thought I would shoot a shot of my dinner plate before I dug in. The chicken was awesome...fell right off the bone...so, I just loaded it on top of the stuffing. The asparagus was tender, cranberries good, and the white sweet potato just perfect.

(And, yes, I eat Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry!) I like the other but freshly made but I couldn't do it this year...my friends, Mike and Carl, always made the cranberries...and it's still hard for me with Mike being gone. But, I did okay this year considering that it was the first Thanksgiving in years that it was just Mom and I at home.

If you follow the link on the post with the menu it will take you to the recipe I used for the chicken. Tyler Florence called for Cremini mushrooms - my store didn't have any...nor did they have any large portobello mushrooms (which is what creminis grow up to become) - so, I ended up using just white button mushrooms...and it was still fabulous!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

That looks delicious - no Thanksgiving here but we had roast lamb for my daughter's birthday dinner. Michele sent me to drool over your dinner :)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Shari said...

That sounds delish. I am still stuffed from yesterday's big meal. Something in the turkey that makes you so tired and lazy...

I am glad that your recipe worked out great with the mushrooms. Sometimes I have had to substitute an item and it still turned out great.

Michele sent me here to say hello. :)

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks yummy!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger November Rain said...

Michelle sent me to say wow that looks deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicioius

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, Sara. We went to a nephew's (& his wife) place with family and it was delicious. Even got to take left-overs home to have last night. Still have turkey to make a Turkey Pie tomorrow. BTW, I got your lovely card. It made me smile. Thanks!

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the one thing I miss about sharing a farm Thanksgiving with others. I don't get the turkey leftovers you get when you cook one yourself. Looks good!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Yum!! Your dinner looks delicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home