Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Exhausted...Yep, I Am...

Am feeling totally sleep-deprived! Last night I hit the bed about 11:00 p.m....awoke at 1:22 a.m., 3:30 a.m., 4:42 a.m., and then the alarm went off at 6 a.m. Can't decide what the problem is - but, I think I've got it figured out a bit...

I'm the only one in the house other than mother...and now I'm not sleeping as soundly because I think I tend to listen for her getting up in the night. When Scarlett and I lived together - there were three sets of ears listening for mother...me, Scarlett, and Tammy (who lived in the basement) - who could hear her walking across the floor during the night. Everyone knew the correct sounds to listen for and would only wake up if the sounds were different...

Seems I haven't figured those sounds out yet...hope it doesn't take too much longer! It would be nice to sleep through the night!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, at least I'm not the only one. I haven't had a good night's sleep since...March?Hang in there, you'll sleep soon.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Oh Sara I really feel for you. I recognise that alert that stops you from sleeping soundly although I haven't had it for years thank goodness. I hope you can really relax soon and get a good night's sleep. It makes life so much easier.
Michele sends her best.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Michele sent me! Sorry about the sleep problems!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Is there a full moon? That's when I seem to wake up 3 times in 1 night. Hope you sleep well soon.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'll send you good-sleep vibes, Sara: everyone deserves a good night of sleep.

I appreciate where you're coming from. Any change in the household always seems to change the dynamic of the environment. Because sound is really our only cue when it's dark, the subtle changes in the soundscape, coupled with the fact that you're the only one who's able to hear stuff now, makes it a bit stressful until you get used to this "new normal".

Michele sent me because she wanted to ensure you knew you weren't alone.

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I still listen for her at night, I hear her walking and all......some habits are hard to break
Scarlett

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can get a good sound night's sleep soon. That's rough. I'm guessing it just takes a little time to acclimate. Crossing fingers for you.

Michele says hello, and Happy Holidays!
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home