Thursday, December 13, 2007

Let it Snow...

Hey, the weatherman was right! Two out of three ain't bad...(oh, sorry that's an old Meatloaf line).

He said it would start snowing around 1ish...and son-of-a-gun if it didn't. I had just let the dogs out and was headed to the library to pick up a book I had on reserve when the little flakes started. It didn't seem very hectic - so, I thought I would treat myself to lunch at the new Chinese restaurant...and it was so good.

By the time I finished lunch and walked back outside my little car was covered in the white fluffy stuff...and it was coming down at a pretty good clip. Now, I've only actually driven twice when the white stuff was falling down out of the sky...all the other times the roads have been scraped, salted, sanded and whatevered...and there is nothing falling from the sky.

But. I. Did. It. Yes! Got home safely...and up to my apartment...in time for the phone call saying they would be bringing mother home early.

So, we are safely tucked inside with a good book to read...and full tummies. This is supposed to blow over by 10 pm tonight - we will see...

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I left work about 2 and it took me an hour to get 7 miles LMAO! It's already to almost the top of the tires on the van...4 more hours to go? DANG!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger CAM said...

We are enjoying our cold snap here in Wyoming. Normally we get snow and then it melts off within a few days but we have 12 inches on the ground and seems to be staying.

Hope it stays white for your holidays...

(Here from Michele)

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Star said...

Sounds cozy. So far we have had only cold rainy weather. MUch to the chagrin of the local weather forecasters.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Andi said...

The weather man was not right the last time he predicted bad weather for us. It is good to be prepared though. Stay cozy.

Michele sent me.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Andi said...

Oh...Michele sent me. :-)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Hey Sara! I've been all over the place lately and haven't really been able to focus my brain enough to blog coherently (though I suppose that's never stopped me before!) Bread and Chocolate's at 280 Main St (I think). It's a tiny place with inexpensive, delicious sandwiches and yummy pastries.

I've sold about 80 bazillion Eat, Pray, Love (that's only a slight exaggeration) and I'm not the least bit inclined to read it. Let me know what you think when you're done!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I left work at 1:30 and didn't get home until 3:45. The subway & train wasn't too bad but once I got to the train station in Salem it took 45 minutes to drive what usually takes 10 minutes for a 1 mile drive to my house. Boy was I glad to get in & put my feet up to knit!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

I love snow though it is very rare where I live. Very glad you got home safely adn thanks for bringing to mind that Meatloaf song which was so cool!

Michele sent me over to say hi and it's always nice when she does.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micehele sent me to consider your driving in the snow while we're still walking around in shirt-sleeves today in VA!
Hope you weather the storm well.
http://bunnylogic.wordpress.com/

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hope you're all snuggly and content on this cold blustery weekend.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Smiler said...

Don't know how things are on your end, but no snow coming down here. Nicely tucked in with full tummies and good books sounds lovely to me. Michele thinks so too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home