Sunday, December 23, 2007

Computers!!!...

I am taking my friend, Dave's advice...and talking about the computer problem from-you-know-where....thinking someone more computer savvy will have an idea...

It all started yesterday when I decided I wanted to write a post about my heritage and the differences between my sister and I. There is the photo that was published in a magazine in Florida that depicts here perfectly. So, I was going to scan the photo...when my printer told me that the USB was not connected.

Hmmm...it was printing and it would copy in black and white and color...so, how could the USB not be connected?

So, I uninstalled the program for the printer and re-installed it...same thing!

The guys at hp are telling me it is a RAM problem. I don't have enough RAM...I have 126 (whatever that is!)

True, my computer is about nine years old - and technology has come a long way...but, I just hate to think that the printer (an all-in-one) that I bought so that I could scan all the photos of my lifetime and make a disc for my daughter and sister isn't going to work. That was the only reason that I bought the thing.

Now I am wondering if the little printer for photos that came with my camera is going to work with the computer...

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

its NEW computer time, just have them install your current hard drive in the new machine, as well as the new, fast, HUGE hard drive - as a way to keep your old files.
ask Santa, never too late, or ask Michele, she is nice...

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

new post up - just now

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boas festas de Portugal

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Moon said...

Oh I can totally relate to that, a cpl yrs ago, I was having similar probs...hate to say it but I had to finally get a new pc...the old one was dying a slow death. I wish I could tell u differently.
Other then that I can just wish u very Happy Holidays! from me and Michele...take care! and good luck with the computer!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't know a whole lot, but I think the guys from HP are correct....Maybe, just maybe, Santa could bring you a NEW Computer with a HUGE Amount of Memory....Things are very very different now.....So, it is probably correct that you need to upgrade your Computer....!
Good Luck!
And Michele wishes this, too, AND A VERY VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, Too!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Sara, it's time to buy a new computer, sorry to tell you. Consider an Apple. We haven't had near the amount of problems with ours that we've had with the windows machine. We have an iBook and love it. Love it.

Michele sent me.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Can't you add more memory to your computer? I'm certainly no geek but I do remember adding to my Mac one time. Maybe it's different with PCs. I know absolutely nothing about this PC that was only new to me.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger kontan said...

Very frustrating when a perfectly good computer has issues simply b/c technology advances and forces consumers to make more purchases if they wish to keep up.

Here from Michele's

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Queen of Light and Joy said...

9 years old eh? Wow! I'm surprised it's lasted this long. You must be taking GREAT care of it!! I would be interested in knowing whether or not you have been keeping up with your Adware and Spybot care. I bet if you "ran" that you could probably get a couple more years out it. I would say it's time for a new computer but you've done so well up to this point you might just want to get a printer that works with what you have. It will probably be cheaper. Good luck. :)

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Queen of Light and Joy said...

Sara: we have some thing here in my town (and I don't know if you have ever heard of something like this or even have one in your town) called Clean North Computer Recycling. They have it twice a year and you can get working computers and computer things, like printers. Kind of like a ski swap. We've gotten some awesome older printers (laser 30 bucks) that have lasted us 5+ years. I bet you'd be able to get something there, that's older for your computer.

I don't want to encourage you to get another computer because I don't know what your financial situation is (and that's your business anyway).

I also don't think that the solution to everything is just throw it out and buy something new because a lot of the time a person can do a little bit of researching and spend 30 bucks (like our laser printer) for something to fix their situation instead of $1000 to buy something new only to throw out something that is fine and working for you.

Now, if you are up for buying something new and have the money, then by all means I think you should treat yourself and donate the old computer to a family or center that doesn't have anything like that, I bet they would be REALLY appreciative.

It sounds like you take REALLY GOOD CARE of your stuff and a donation wouldn't be wasted.

Merry Christmas!! kiss kiss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home