Saturday, December 29, 2007

If I Had It To Do All Over Again...

I would want to have a job like this guy! This guy is the fascinating photographer, Art Wolfe. Recently, I found his wonderful series: Edge of the Earth on my local PBS station. And, I am hooked.

Can you imagine taking photos like these?...(I presume you checked the link to his site - right? Oh, you didn't yet. Go ahead. I'll wait while you drool over his photos.) The job of a lifetime!

Most of you know that since my blogging days started, my photography has become more and more important to me. So finding his program has given me a real boost...because he takes the time to explain some of his shots and why he takes them the way he does. And, I've been learning and listening to what he has to say.

Can you imagine taking a class like
this? Oh, be still my heart!

And, he always wears these little knit hats...hmmm...maybe I could get a job as his hat knitting assistant?

In addition to catching this series on PBS...Happened to catch a program on the National Geographic Channel about one of their photographers. Wish I could remember the title of the program because it was worth seeing.

See, I told you there would be more about PBS television...Now aren't you glad I told you about this???

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That trip sounds really magical! To see the Tulips and photograph all these special places in Amsterdam....Ideal!

That photographer is quite extrordinary! I am not familiar with him...So, Thank You Very Much!

A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! See? WENH has different programming than WGBH in Boston. You have some great program lineups up there. You even have Sewing With Nancy. I've got them all book marked now for watching or taping.
And thanks for sharing the rest of the info, too. Another reason why I miss living in Seattle...

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Beautiful Photography! Thank you for introducing him to us. isn't PBS the best! I think I watch PBS more than any other network. Good stuff!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wonderful pictures. We all aspire to do that!

Michele sent me here.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Happy New Year, Sara honey :-)

Michele sent me to see what's happening at fabricnfiber :-)

I love the posters - especially the Jaguar and the wolves.

cq

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele sent me over earlier Sara, But my computer had other ideas & crashed, I'm sorry this took so long & that the pithy comment I had all typed out is lost in the crash, the slideshows etc, on that website were amazing & moving.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Hi sara, Michele sent me back:-)

The theatre you were thinking of in Cornwall is called the Minack Theatre. As you say it is open all year round.
http://www.minack.com/
Not far from where we usually stay, but we haven't been yet.

I'm glad you approve of Marmaduke's new name - he's so little (about 8" high), and the name is positively majestic! :-)

cq

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Oh, his photos are great.
I can imagine how fun it would be to take photos of Tulips in Holland! What a great vacation! :)

Glad Michele sent me by!
~S

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love taking pictures but I'm not tech inclined so I'm limited in that way. But you're right, what a job!

Got your check...books on their way Monday a.m. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home