Sunday, December 30, 2007

End of the year review...

Each new year the list maker in me posts a New Year's list...so, thought I would review and see how I did...

Last January 1 - my list consisted of:

1) Knit from my Stash - Actually, I accomplished this. The only yarn I purchased was sock yarn which was allowed...I think I also bought some baby yarn for a baby gift since I didn't have anything appropriate. That was also okay to do.

2) UFOs/WIPs - Maybe we should laugh at that one...not only did I not finish any UFOs or WIPS - I created more! No kidding!!! My thinking is that as a knitter/quilter there will always be UFOs and WIPs sitting around somewhere.

3) Yarn Life Challenge - was to finish my red sweater for the Red Sweater KAL. I finished it. I hate it. And, I am going to rip it out this year and make something else. The main reason I don't like it is: the design in the pattern (which is beautiful) didn't show up well...it wasn't defined enough for me. Part of the problem I think is that the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn - but, the design in the pattern is delicate and should be done with a thinner yarn. Even with blocking - it just wasn't there for me.

b) Knit a pair of socks every two months...the intent was for me to have six pair of hand knit socks for myself. Well, I accomplished the pair every two months - only I ended up with one pair for moi...the rest were gifts.

4) Read a book a month. Can we say we excelled at this one! I managed to read 12,598 pages this year. Read 39 magazines cover to cover and 32 books which translates to almost three books a month.

5) Sunday Spa Days - well, let's just say that didn't happen at all. Part of it was I packed up most of the stuff to move ... then I moved ... and still unpacking...

6) Charity Knitting - I am pleased to say I did better than I thought I would. Knit some hats and mittens for the Headstart kids and as part of Love Reaches Out, and more mittens for Knit Unto Others...Plus I had never in my life knit any mittens before this year...and I found they are fun to do!!!

So there you go...didn't do too badly with my list in 2007. Wonder what my list will be like in 2008??? Guess we will see on January 1.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

I think you should put the spa days back on your list for 2008. After all that knitting those hands need some pampering :)

Well done on accomplishing so much on your list and good luck with next years! Happy New Year from Michele's!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

i moved this year, also. a big headache- but a much nicer place from which to blog.
I started massage also- so I got to experience a lot of pampering, VERY nice.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Andi said...

You did a lot of kind things for people in 2007.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hi, I'm from Michele's.

My late wife and late sister-in-law had a contest: She who dies with the most yarn wins! When it came down to it, no one wanted to count.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home