Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Photo day...

I deliver on my promises!

Sandy over at
Hockeymomknits and I have been blog friends for a while now! Since a swap ages ago when I first started blogging. She was running a little contest on her website...wanting to know what people thought she should do with some yarn she had...so, I gave a couple of suggestions! And, I won this lovely yarn from her. It is gorgeous! Not sure the camera does it justice! Think it will become a very wonderful scarf for next winter - unless I can get it done in the next few weeks.

Christmas gifts are such fun...Look at this lush yarn I received from Scarlett and her friend. Oh, can't wait to knit with this, too.

And, this is a phto that I just loved...her friend gave it to me...sorry for the lousy photo, I forgot to take the protective plastic cover off - but, since I don't have a frame yet...I didn't want it to get messed up.
A few days ago I made some crisp! It started out to be apple crisp...until I discovered that my apples were sort of beginning to bite the dust...so, I didn't have 5 cups of apples that the recipe called for...I had three - but, I did have two cups of raspberries...so, guess what got added? Yep! And, it was good!!!
Complete with topping! Oh, and, by the way, it is very healthy as there are no refined sugars in this at all!
Today's Poem: If You're Ever Going to Love Me by Unknown

Tuesday's Poem: Need of Loving by Strickland Gillian

Monday's Poem: If You But Knew by Unknown

Sunday's Poem: Billy Boy by Unknown

9 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Gorgeous colors in that yarn! You know I'd like the lavender though. And that crisp looks delicious. How did you make it with no sugars??

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm suppose to attend a knitting event at the library this weekend for a story for the paper and I don't know the first thing about knitting except that I like your purple yarn.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Andi said...

How creative...the apple raspberry crisp. I will have to try doing that.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger kenju said...

The crisp looks wonderful, and I wish I had some now. I don't knit, but you make me wish I did! Michele says hi.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I'm a sucker for yarn photos. Yummy. And is that picture a painting? Did you friend paint it? It's gorgeous!

BTW, check out my contest. ;-)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Amanda Jean said...

the crisp looks delicious!

you had asked if I made the little stuffed dog (Spot) and the answer is no, but my friend Linda did. he is quite adorable, no?

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I hope you will show us a picture of the finished scarf from that BEAUTIFUL Color wool you won!

Thanks for your kind words, Sara...! I appreciate them more than I can say.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Pretty, pretty yarn. What is the lavender skeined yarn? And lucky you! You are indeed a winner in more ways than one.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I love the purple and orange together. :)
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home