Thursday, January 17, 2008

Junk Drawer of My Mind...

Once again there are those few things that don't seem to fit in anywhere else to talk about...

1) I received a wonderful surprise in the mail today...my friend, Janet, has been doing these beautiful drawings for months now. I keep telling her how gorgeous they are...and she sent me this one! I am so excited! Isn't she beautiful? She will be framed and on my wall in the near future.I love to decorate my home with things that friends have made...thus the reason I am so thrilled with the above drawing! Thank you so much, Janet. I really love her!!!

2) This season of tv is the pits with the writers being on strike. Although, being a writer, I understand why! But, in a way it has been good for me. I am discovering PBS, National Geographic Channel and a few others.

3) Today's poems came from Rhonda's blog...there are two great little poems about socks! Do go have a look-see. I'll wait!

4) Two of my favorite tv shows are ending in the coming weeks:

The Amazing Race - I really enjoy this program...and I sure hope that Rachel and TK win! They have run the best race of anyone in all of the seasons the show has been on. They are the only couple who I've never heard say one nasty thing to the other or bicker their way across a zillion miles! They just go along nice and easy and steady...they don't care what the other groups are doing...In my book they deserve to win!

Project Runway is my weekly fix of Heidi Klum! She is just gorgeous! And, if that nasty little guy with the weird hair (Christian) wins - I will be most disappointed! Sort of thinking maybe Victorya or Jillian for the win...

5) Am reading/looking at the photography of Art Wolfe in his fabulous book - Edge of the Earth, Corner of the Sky. This is a huge coffee table book and I was fortunate enough to find it at the library! Unfortunately, it needs to go back on Monday...but they have other books by him!

6) This has to fall under $70,000 Moron...The democratic contender Kucinich is actually going to pay approximately $70,000 to have a recount of the primary votes in New Hampshire. Okay...let's see he was 5th with 3,919 votes...Clinton had 112,251; Obama 104,772; Edwards 48,681; Richardson 13,249.

It's not even close, folks! If he really wants to throw away $70,000 I'd really be glad to take some of it off his hands as I'm sure there are a few others around who would willingly take some too.

7) Lest we think the Republicans are any better off - there is also one of them who received 44 votes (I think) who wants a recount.

8) Thanks goes to Shephard for introducing me to Westlife. Just ordered one of their albums - The Love Album and the soon to be released k d lang album!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawing! Your friend is talented!

I hope the writers' strike is over soon. My fave show is doing way too many reruns! Good thing there's reality TV, huh?

Michele sent me...

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky you! I love that drawing.
Wow- Kucinich should donate the money to relitalizing Claremont instead of counting votes!

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he thinks Hillary stole the vote? Shepherd surely does pass the cool stuff around.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I'm glad you like her and I hope she brings you continued joy. I agree about tv being so bad lately. But I fully understand about the writers so I'm trying to stay positive. At least my favorite show will be back soon....Lost!!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Erica said...

You quit smoking after HOW many years?! You are the bomb, lady! Thanks for cheering me on.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Well, I started smoking when I was 13 - quit when I was pregnant for about 9 months - then quit again three or so years ago...and I'm 61...

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Just returning the visit!

I read something somewhere that people felt that there was something wrong with the count in New Hampshire. I'm hoping that Kucinich is doing that not because he thinks he will win but to find out if there is something fishy going on. I don't know for sure though...

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabrics! Woohoo. And pussycats, and dogs....great!!

Actually, it will be interesting to see how long any of the Democratic candidates other than Obama and Hillary stay in.

And the Republicans? Oh boy, what a field! I read that a Democrat said, "Maybe we can lend them Biden".

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Janet said...

That's such a beautiful drawing! I wish I could draw or paint... sigh...

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

There are some WONDERFUL things on PBS...especially these last few weeks!
BTW: I was unable to hear the poems...in fact, my computer froze up on that sight and I had to do the Crtl-Alt-Delete to get out of all of it and start again...! Oh well, another time, maybe.
I haven't been following {roject Runway very closely this season...I do think that little guy with the hair is quite talented and probably has thre arrogance to be the winner and a designer who has a career...lol!

Kucinich was not asking for a recount for himself. He was aaking because Clinton and Obama were so close....He is a very smart man and in Iowa he threw whatever delegates or whatever that is there, behind Obama...and I think he has a very clear and honest approach to politics and though I cannot speak for him, I think he questions the count because of the small amount of difference between Clinton and Obama...This is an honest man, and in my opinion, he is trying to keep our elections honest, too!

I saw Westlife on She[hards blog, too....What very attractive looking group they are, besides singing so beautifully! I can see why you would want to buy their CD....and I LOVE K.D. Lang, too. BEAUTIFUL Voice!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Thank you, Naomi! You've made me feel better about the re-count.

I agree Christian is just arrogant enough to win!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home