Junk Drawer of My Mind...
Once again there are those few things that don't seem to fit in anywhere else to talk about...
1) I received a wonderful surprise in the mail today...my friend, Janet, has been doing these beautiful drawings for months now. I keep telling her how gorgeous they are...and she sent me this one! I am so excited! Isn't she beautiful? She will be framed and on my wall in the near future.I love to decorate my home with things that friends have made...thus the reason I am so thrilled with the above drawing! Thank you so much, Janet. I really love her!!!
2) This season of tv is the pits with the writers being on strike. Although, being a writer, I understand why! But, in a way it has been good for me. I am discovering PBS, National Geographic Channel and a few others.
3) Today's poems came from Rhonda's blog...there are two great little poems about socks! Do go have a look-see. I'll wait!
4) Two of my favorite tv shows are ending in the coming weeks:
The Amazing Race - I really enjoy this program...and I sure hope that Rachel and TK win! They have run the best race of anyone in all of the seasons the show has been on. They are the only couple who I've never heard say one nasty thing to the other or bicker their way across a zillion miles! They just go along nice and easy and steady...they don't care what the other groups are doing...In my book they deserve to win!
Project Runway is my weekly fix of Heidi Klum! She is just gorgeous! And, if that nasty little guy with the weird hair (Christian) wins - I will be most disappointed! Sort of thinking maybe Victorya or Jillian for the win...
5) Am reading/looking at the photography of Art Wolfe in his fabulous book - Edge of the Earth, Corner of the Sky. This is a huge coffee table book and I was fortunate enough to find it at the library! Unfortunately, it needs to go back on Monday...but they have other books by him!
6) This has to fall under $70,000 Moron...The democratic contender Kucinich is actually going to pay approximately $70,000 to have a recount of the primary votes in New Hampshire. Okay...let's see he was 5th with 3,919 votes...Clinton had 112,251; Obama 104,772; Edwards 48,681; Richardson 13,249.
It's not even close, folks! If he really wants to throw away $70,000 I'd really be glad to take some of it off his hands as I'm sure there are a few others around who would willingly take some too.
7) Lest we think the Republicans are any better off - there is also one of them who received 44 votes (I think) who wants a recount.