Sunday, January 27, 2008

A - Z Reading Challenge...

I tend to get stuck reading the same authors - so this year I am going to try and keep up with this challenge. This will be the second reading challenge I am doing and the neat part is they can be combined.
Requirements:

~ align the author's last name or the title of a book (excluding "the", "a", etc.) with its corresponding letter in the alphabet

~ enter a different book for each author and title (total of 52 books)

~ complete the alphabet lists anyway that suits your fancy

(i.e.: complete each list separately in alphabetical order, read both "A" entries, then "B" entries, fit whatever you're reading into either list, etc.)

~ complete the challenge in the year 2008

~ enjoy the experience!

Books:

A: A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swansen
B: Blood Brother: 33 Reasons My Brother Scott Peterson Is Guilty by Anne Bird
C: Collateral Damage by Fern Michaels
D: Deception Point by Dan Brown
E: Edge of the Earth, Corner of the Sky by Art Wolfe
F: Free Fall by Fern Michaels

G:
H: Homeward Bound (Harlequin American #1079) by Marin Thomas
I:
J: Jury, The by Fern Michaels
K: Knut: How One Little Polar Bear Captivated the World by Juliana, Isabella & Craig Hatkoff and Dr. Gerald R. Uhlich
L: Lethal Justice by Fern Michaels
M: Michelle Obama: Meet the First Lady by David Bergen Brophy
N:
O:
P: Payback by Fern Michaels
Q:
R: Remember My Touch (Harlequin Intrigue 469) by Gayle Wilson
S: Sweet Revenge by Fern Michaels
T: Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher
U: Uppity Women of Ancient Times by Vicki Leon
V: Vendetta by Fern Michaels
W: Warrior Without Rules (Silhouette Intimate Moments #1382) by Nancy Gideon

X:
Y:
Z:

Authors:

A: Allen, Sarah Addison (Garden Spells)
B: Barry, Brunonia (The Lace Reader)
C: Cora, Cat (with Ann Krueger Spivack) - (Cooking from the Hip)
D: Davis, Justine (Flashback Silhouette Bombshell #86)
E: Eicher, Lovina (with Kevin Williams) - (The Amish Cook at Home: Simple Pleasures of Food, Family, and Faith)
F: Fox, Michael J. (Lucky Man)
G: Grogan, John (Marley and Me)
H:
I: Ingram, Christine and Jennie Shapter - (The Complete Book of Bread and Bread Machines)
J: Jessop, Carolyn (Escape)
K: Kaye, Barbara (Challenge of a Lifetime Harlequin Superromance 433)
L: Lee, Sandra (Made From Scratch: A Memoir)
M: Michaels, Fern (Weekend Warriors)
N:
O: Obama For America (Change We Can Believe In: Barack Obama's Plan to Renew America's Promise.
P: Pearl-McPhee, Stephanie (Things I Learned from Knitting...whether I wanted to or not)
Q:
R: Rule, Ann (Smoke, Mirrors, and Murder and Other True Cases - Ann Rule's Crime Files: Vol. 12
S: Spencer, Irene (Shattered Dreams: My Life As A Polygamist's Wife)
T: Torkells, Erik & the Editors of Budget Travel (Secret Hotels)

U:
V:
W: Wagner, Robert J. (with Scott Eyman) (Pieces of My Heart: A Life)
X:
Y:
Z:

Blue Print denotes books read in 2008 - Click here for a re-cap of all books read in 2008.

Red Print denotes books read in 2009

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Welcome to the A ~ Z Reading Challenge, Sara! We are happy to have you join in our fun. This challenge will definitely introduce you to new authors. :) I hope you enjoy all your choices. Happy Reading.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

wow - 52 books a year??

I s'pose I could do it if I was allowed to read while re-enacting...but books are not allowed....not to me anyway, I wouldn't have been able to read!

Michele sent me here, Sara, to say hello and check out your latest challenge...

Oh, and Charlie says - well done Killian! Serious duuuuuuuuude..

cq

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like an interesting challenge!

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Michelle sent me! :-)

I invite you to stop by my site as The Seventh Day blog carnival is now live and there are lots of wonderful entries this week! I also invite you to participate. The instructions are there . . . simple stuff.

Happy Sunday!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

i have enough challenges, i am reading John Grisham, "the broker"

i am at the good part, so i must go back to it

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Anne said...

That's a book a week, or can you cross post a book on both lists?

Wow, that's a lot of reading, I manage to have time to read 3-5 books a year, not counting the quilt books I just look through. I could rack up quite a list if I could count those/

Michele sent me today.

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Star said...

I am happy to find time to read any book. That in itself is a challenge. Good luck with your 52.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Janet said...

I'm not doing any reading challenges but this year I am keeping a list of all the books I'm reading. So far I've finished four and am about 3/4 of the way through another. But then I've been sick and reading was about all I had energy to do!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Hmmm, 52 books. Or 104 if I was amibitious. Hmmm... this is a marvelous idea, Sara. I might try it. And even if I don't, I'm looking forward to hearing about what you're reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home