Monday, December 29, 2008

Recap...A-Z Reading Challenge...

It is December 29th and I seriously doubt that I will finish a book between now and the end of the year...so, I thought I would recap my A-Z Reading Challenge for the year 2008.

I read 29 books this year...that I was able to include into this Challenge...(if you want to read the rules - just click on the link on my sidebar)

In addition I read: 6 books where the letters on my chart were already filled.

Predators, Prey and Other Kinfolk: Growing Up in Polygamy by Dorothy Allred Solomon
Hide and Seek by Fern Michaels
Hocus Pokus by Fern Michaels
Fast Track by Fern Michaels
Lost Souls by Lisa Jackson
American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld

During 2009 I will finish filling in the list - of missed letters...but, truthfully, I think reading 35 books in one year is pretty darn good! (And, I didn't count the different magazine subscriptions that I get and read from cover to cover!)

Books:

A: A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swansen
B: Blood Brother: 33 Reasons My Brother Scott Peterson Is Guilty by Anne Bird
C: Collateral Damage by Fern Michaels
D: Deception Point by Dan Brown
E: Edge of the Earth, Corner of the Sky by Art Wolfe
F: Free Fall by Fern Michaels
G:
H: Homeward Bound (Harlequin American #1079) by Marin Thomas
I:
J: Jury, The - Fern Michaels
K: Knut: How One Little Polar Bear Captivated the World by Juliana, Isabella & Craig Hatkoff and Dr. Gerald R. Uhlich
L: Lethal Justice by Fern Michaels
M:
N:
O:
P: Payback by Fern Michaels
Q:
R:
S: Sweet Revenge by Fern Michaels
T: Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher
U: Uppity Women of Ancient Times by Vicki Leon
V: Vendetta by Fern Michaels
W: Warrior Without Rules (Silhouette Intimate Moments #1382) by Nancy Gideon
X:
Y:
Z:

Authors:

A:
B: Barry, Brunonia (The Lace Reader)
C: Cora, Cat (with Ann Krueger Spivack) - (Cooking from the Hip)
D:
E: Eicher, Lovina (with Kevin Williams) - The Amish Cook at Home: Simple Pleasures of Food, Family, and Faith
F:
G: Grogan, John (Marley and Me)
H:
I: Ingram, Christine and Jennie Shapter - (The Complete Book of Bread and Bread Machines)
J: Jessop, Carolyn (Escape)
K: Kaye, Barbara (Challenge of a Lifetime Harlequin Superromance 433)
L: Lee, Sandra (Made From Scratch: A Memoir)
M: Michaels, Fern (Weekend Warriors)
N:
O:
P: Pearl-McPhee, Stephanie (Things I Learned from Knitting...whether I wanted to or not)
Q:
R: Rule, Ann (Smoke, Mirrors, and Murder and Other True Cases - Ann Rule's Crime Files: Vol. 12
S: Spencer, Irene (Shattered Dreams: My Life As A Polygamist's Wife)
T: Torkells, Erik & the Editors of Budget Travel (Secret Hotels)
U:
V:
W: Wagner, Robert J. (with Scott Eyman) (Pieces of My Heart: A Life)
X:
Y:
Z:

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that challenge. I am not much of a reader, so that would be a bit lofty for me. I am more of a magazine and newspaper kind of girl. My husband on the other hand reads all the time. I will have to show him this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home