Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Corner of the World...


Looking down Main street - in the background you can see Mt. Ascutney.

City Hall and Opera House in one building. It is a very beautiful building inside...

The truth be told - My corner of the world has about everything that I need. Live theatre, library, movie theatre, grocery stores, book store, nice restaurants, lots of churches, shops and a quilt store.

There are four quilt guilds and one knitting group that I belong to. Two of the guilds are in adjoining towns (Newport and Cornish)...and the knitting group is in Newport. Knit shops are in bordering towns like Newport, Lebanon and White River Junction.

The only thing that is hard to buy here is clothing and we have no MALL - but, if the need to spend time in a sprawling and crowded mall ever overtakes me - I can get to Concord or Manchester in a matter of a couple of hours...or even to Holyoke, MA in about the same time.

I have made new friends - and am perfectly content in my corner of the world

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Your corner of the world looks very nice....cozy and homey feeling.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Pat said...

We don't miss the big malls, either. They have some large outlet centers not far from here, but we avoid them. Your town looks absolutely CHARMING!!!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

So essentially New England looking. I love that look. It's good to find a place you really love.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Your corner looks like my corner, except instead of Green Mountains and White Mountains, I get Green Mountains and Adirondacks. And your corner's bigger than mine. But really, who cares, right? No one has romantic dreams of charming mid-Florida towns. ;o) New England gets into your blood pretty darn quick, and I truthfully can't imagine living anywhere else. When we moved here, I felt like I'd come home.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love seeing the town!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home