Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's In The Mail...

Several folks have asked if I took some photos of the quilt for Tara, my daughter, before I popped it in the mail.

The answer would be yes...The quilt fits on top of a kingsize bed - She has a queen size and wanted it to hang over the size...

This is the entire quilt - you can click on the photos - and you can get a better view of it...
She will have it in time for Christmas - even though I worried about it as I was sewing on the label at 12:45 this afternoon...
Edited by Sara:
There are in this quilt:
672 - 2-1/2 inch squares (including seam allowance)
105 - 4-1/2 inch squares (including seam allowance)
449 - 2-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch rectangles (including seam allowance)
None of the colored fabric is the same - therefore it is considered a charm quilt.


Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger gemma said...

That is such a work of art. What an accomplishment.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You did an amazing job, Sara. I'm sure she'll be thrilled! If not, send it to me :-)

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Holy Batman!!! That's one beautiful quilt! She'll be sure to treasure that, I know I would!

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous labor of love that is! Tara is very lucky to have such a wonderful and talented mother.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Pat said...

What a WONDERFUL gift for your Tara. I'm sure she will treasure it always! Thanks for posting the photos.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Your quilt is so beautiful! What a lovely gift.
Blessings,
~*~

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger amy said...

Wow. Wow wow wow. Simply stunning! NONE of the colored squares are the same! That's crazy!

I clicked the pictures to make them bigger and my eye was immediately drawn to the colorful kitties square ;)

This quit is fantastic.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh- it is beautiful!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is GORGEOUS! And the work that went into it...My My My!
It is truly BEAUTIFUL Sara....Your daughter will be thrilled! Thanks so much for showing us the pictures and for telling us how many pieces went into this amazing work! You Did GREAT!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Terri S said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I don't know if I'd be able to give it away. Well ... maybe to a daughter!! Beautiful work!!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Nikki - Notes of Life said...

The quilt looks lovely, it must have taken a lot of work and dedication :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home