Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Corner of the World...

When I moved here - the first quilt shop I found was Four Pines Quilt Shop. My quilting things were still packed away but I was ready to do some sewing...and joined their Thimbleberries Club that year.

The shop consisted of two rooms in the home where Becky's son and family lived. A while later they moved to a nice little shop - but the parking was not the best. Then they moved into a larger spot in the same building...

A few months ago they moved into a beautiful location! A stand alone quilt store in what used to be an old church. And, they have grown...

Lots of nice shelving for pretty fabric...
Beautiful wood floors and plenty of space to hang quilts and show off the fabrics.

Behind the row of shelves one will find the class room and where the pulpit and choir used to be is the home of the long arm quilting machine!!!


This is the view when you walk in the door...

And, this is just to the right of the entry...

Brent, Becky's son, runs the shop while she teaches school at the local high school - and he is a very good long arm quilter.

We recently just started a quilt guild that will meet at the shop once a month.

The quilt shop is perfect spot to just go hang out and enjoy the company of the others who are working on projects.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Nikki - Notes of Life said...

It looks like a lovely treasure trove! :)

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I feel relaxed from having read your entry and seen these pictures. What a delightful refuge from the rest of the world!

I think we all need to find places like this. Home bases, if you will. I'm still looking around these parts!

Tanya sent me on this Sunday afternoon to say hi. Hope you're having a great weekend so far, Sara!

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, where is this quilt shop located? I would love to visit!

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, what camera do you use? The photos of the quilt shop are perfectly done - the lighting is professional.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Oh, Sara....what a WONDERFUL shop and your photos are super! I'd love to see that shop someday. (NH is one place I've never been....sounds like a trip I should plan someday!!!) How nice that you'll have a new quilt guild, too.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh a great place indeed! My LQS just moved. I should take pictures of the new place.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Looks like a beautiful place! I wish I wasn't so afraid of sewing sometimes, but I think I probably have enough hobbies at the moment. ;)

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so lucky that isn't a few blocks from me! I'd live there. =) Thanks for sharing a great shop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home