Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ice Storm...

One of my quilt guilds had their Christmas party today. When I left the house at 9:00 a.m. - it was snowing very lightly...at Noon when it was time to head for home - it was beginning to spit ice. Kept hearing these little pings on my windshield and little tiny chunks of clear hard water landing on my car hood! I could see through them...Yep - that would be ice. (Yes, I know I still find the weather here in New England to be fascinating!)

Got home safely - but, my area is the one that is outlined in pink on the weatherman's chart on Channel 9 - and I sure hope we don't lose power.

So, I'm going to cuddle up in my pj's, watch a little tv, and knit...(trying to get a Christmas present done tonight!)

Have a safe evening!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe, Sara! The weather down here isn't as fierce and we still have branches going down all over the place.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

It even snowed here!!
bundle up!

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay Warm!It sounds like a good time to stay inside, wrapping gifts, and listening to christmas music.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Laura said...

What I wouldn't give for winter weather. The past few days have been in the 60's. Ugh... it is december... where is the cold?!

Stay warm and safe!
Blessings,
~*~

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This what happened to us during the ice storm...

http://www.tomslatin.com/2008/12/13/recovering-from-an-ice-storm

Thomas :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home