My friend, Carol had this on her blog today - and since I had a bad day with my previous post - I thought I'd try this...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - but, truly it should be gift bags! I am the worst wrapper!
2. Real tree or Artificial? When I was a child we had an artificial tree. The last twelve years - I've had a real tree. I prefer a real tree because I like the smell. But, for ease an artificial one is easier.
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving week-end
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's week-end - but, not on New Year's Eve or Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? I only like one brand of egg nog - Farm Store! And, how I wish they had a store in New England. I have tried dozens of egg nogs in the past eleven years - and I haven't liked any of them.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I think my favorite was the year my mother and grandmother stayed up for hours after my sister and I had gone to bed and made clothes for our dolls. They were dressed in their new clothes when we woke up.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Tara, my daughter.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mother - she always needs new clothes or shoes.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No - I had a set that I made out of ceramics. Some of the pieces broke - so, I gave it away - and kept just the sheep...(gee, I wonder why?)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - when I remember. It isn't a favorite part of the holiday for me.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of anything that I would consider my worst gift.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I made things and buy all year - then I fill in with other things in November and December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My neighbor in Florida used to make these great coconut cookies at Christmas...so those would be it...
16. Lights on the tree? Yes - all colors of lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Religious: O Holy Night; Contemporary: All I Want For Christmas is You - Vince Vance and the Valiants.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home - I love staying home for Christmas. And, I like it if my family can be here.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes: Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Blizen, Donner, Cupid, Vixen, Prancer and Rudolph.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We used to open one gift on Christmas Eve - it would be new pj's...the rest on Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds in the malls - and the annoying commercials.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Pretty traditional - red/green. Although I've thought about doing a tree with icy blue ornaments.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? a couple of knitting books and the rest of the Miami Vice DVDs (Seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5)
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? It changes with my mood - the last few years a blue angel.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? Ham! I really like ham. But, we did have a crown rib roast a few years ago and it was awesome.