Monday, November 24, 2008

An Early Thanksgiving...

Today was the annual Thanksgiving Day Luncheon at Clough Center - where mother resides. The dining room was decorated beautifully and the tables set with the good china. Family members were invited to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving Day meal with their family member.

Staff members from the CEO down served the meal to the residents and family members. And, it was good...Turkey breast, dressing, mashed potatoes, squash, green beans, cranberry sauce, and gravy. Dessert was your choice of apple pie (which was awesome), pumpkin pie, or chocolate cream pie.

Parking spots were reserved and all family members were made to feel very special.

It was a really nice time - and while Mother really didn't understand all the goings on - she enjoyed having me there to eat a meal with her. (Even though I do eat meals with her - I explained that this one was special and that it was Thanksgiving!)

I am thankful that she is doing well and seems to be content where she is. And, I am thankful that I have come to accept the stages that she is going through...and that she lives in a very kind and loving environment.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That sounds like a WONDERFUL place!
And the Dinner sounded quite scrumptious, too.....It certainly is a good good thing that your mother IS in such a loving caring environment...Hard to find, from everything I hear....So that is really very very lucky.
A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU, MY DEAR SARA.....!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That sounds like a great spot for her! She's a lucky Mom!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got to have that with your Mom and that she's in such a caring environment :-)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I'm happy to hear of your mother being in such a nice place. My daughter is an activities assistant at a very nice facility and they, too, try to do special things for the residents and their family members. Thanks for sharing this with us. (And thanks for visiting my new blog.)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I'm so glad your Mom is doing well and you are too. It sure helps to know that she's being taken care of and is happy as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home