Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Corner of the World...

This is one of my favorite little parks! Wilgus State Park sits about three miles from my house on Route 5 in Vermont.
I love this area of the park - where the staircase leads down to the water's edge. It is right on the Connecticut River - (remember - the river divides New Hampshire and Vermont)
The top of the stairs and then a small deck before you head down the rest of the stairs pictured above. There is a picnic table and fire pit for cooking right near by.

One of the trails sort of got washed out. It looked a little risky to walk down it...All in all this is a nice little sport to sit and read or enjoy a picnic lunch...can't wait for it to open again in the Spring!

A short ride for such relaxation and peace...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What a pretty, peaceful place. I do look forward to your Sunday posts. Thanks!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Olyal said...

What a beautiful place to pass the time!
I love how green everything looks there!
Michele sent me today.

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went camping there this past summer! Thank you for the delightful reminder of this lovely park.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

Beautiful!!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a corner you have indeed! You are truly blessed.

I just wanted to let you know that you are such an inspiration to me! I hope you don't mind but I have nominated you for the Kreativ Quilter Award. Please follow the link to find out more! http://quiltingandotherramblings.blogspot.com/
Have a wonderful day!
Roberta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home