Monday, November 17, 2008

Random Monday...

1) Oh, it was snowing! Yes, real flakes falling down...lovely! Then the sun came out and it quit!

2) Had a fun night out at some friends last night - we had this really good dinner! Sweet and Sour Sausage over rice (it was soooo good - I want the recipe); salad with fresh mushrooms; and ice cream for dessert! We played a fun game called Apples to Apples and laughed a lot!

3) Tomorrow is doctor day - and hopefully my thyroid is doing better. I am breathing much better since I started using a new medicine.

4) Dropped by the library today and picked up Robert Wagner's new book - Pieces of my Heart and Lost Souls by Lisa Jackson.

5) Killian was sick yesterday. He didn't eat anything all day long. Then during the night he wasn't sleeping in bed with me like he usually does - found him in the living room. When I picked him up to carry him to the bedroom and touched his back - he screamed. He was crying and couldn't sleep. I think he had a little stone - but he must have passed it this morning...since I can now touch his back area and he doesn't scream. And, his food is all gone!

6) Been reading a lot of cookbooks lately!

Cooking from the Hip by Cat Cora. It is really interesting and her recipes look like fun. In case you don't know who she is - she's on FOODTV and is an Iron Chef.

The Amish Cook at Home - The recipes look wonderful - but, the photography is just gorgeous!

The Complete Book of Bread and Bread Machines - Baking bread is going to be big around here this next year!!!

Well, that's about it for today...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Poor Killian, i hope he feels better! Good luck with your doctor, too! Snow! eek! None here yet, knock on wood lol.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Poor Killian ... glad he's ok now. Check out my Quiz ... it's right up your alley. Bet you'll get a better score than me. But then, I'm an eater not a cooker, LOL.

P.S. keep the snow up your way please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home