Saturday, November 08, 2008

S is for...

Sisters...

Mary Ellen is my only living sister. I had another sister, Evangeline, but she passed away when she was six months old. My two brothers passed away went they were both a day old.

So, this is my sister -

Here she is in front of her pond and garden - it was a magazine shot - for a pond show that was being done for the Humane Society where she lives. The two four-footed children are Maggie May (the one with the black face) and Russell. Both are Jack Russell Terriers.

This is Mary Ellen's wedding photo - She and Michael have been married 28 years.

This is one of my favorite photos of her. Loved her wedding dress...

And, this would be the family on that day - Mom, Mary Ellen, me, and Tara. Tara was the flower girl...age 4...and I made her dress...it was a beautiful cream colored eyelet material - trimmed with ribbon to match the bridesmaid dresses. Still have that dress in my cedar chest.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Terri S said...

Beautiful sister. I only have one sister too, and we have three brothers. She's 4 years younger than me. She never married, but she's everybody's favorite aunt. She's a judge in northern Michigan, a couple of hours from me.

Aren't sisters wonderful??

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Janet said...

such beautiful shots...wow, your Mom was tiny!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That makes me an extra special sister too :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

What a nice picture of the "ladies" in the family. Wow, look how tall you are next to your sis & especially your Mom.

My grandmother was only 4'8" tall so my kids all taller than her by the time they each turned 10 years old called her "Little Grammy" ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home