Saturday, November 01, 2008

Home...

Wonderful time was spent this past week at a quilting retreat! I had a wonderful time...and managed to get quite a few things accomplished. Photos next week...I promise.

Last Saturday, I went to a huge yarn sale - At Yates Farm...Bought ten hanks of worsted weight wool - each hank was $3.50! Bought some really pretty stuff to make a purse, a shawl, and a pair of stripped socks. I'll show you the yarn as soon as I get it wound up into cakes - or manage to take photos of the hanks.

Today, drove down to Brattleboro, VT - it is only about 42 miles from home. Traveled down the interstate but came home on Route 5 - and must say it was a gorgeous drive. Went to the Southern Vermont Fiber Event - it was a small gathering of farm owners, knitters, and spinners. Not much actual yardage for sale - mostly items that were already knit, felted, or woven. But, there were beautiful things to look at!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

A crafty retreat... I am so jealous! Can't wait to see the details!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Susan said...

You're just quite the gadabout these days! Yay for you. It all sounds so much fun.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I always love to hear about your purchases and look so forward to seeing pictures of these "hanks"....Sounds like you had a Ball!
I had a very very dear friend from Brattleboro....He died in 1990 of AIDS Related illnesses....He was quite a guy! I akways loved the nane "Brattleboro"....!
Thanks for your Good Wishes, Sara....I dearly appreciate them...!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Janet said...

welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time :-)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Sounds like a very nice time. This is the best time of year to be driving around isn't it? I love the Fall in New England!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home