Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Loon Mountain Trip...

Saturday, Janet and I met up for a trip to Loon Mountain. The ride up was beautiful and the colors astounding. Never having been that far up in New Hampshire - it was fun to see the scenery.

This is the Loon Mountain Gondola Skyride - and since we both have a thing about height - I was hoping that it would be a nice ride - and not scary. The ride turned out to be so quiet and so easy that you would have never known that you were traveling about a mile and a half up a mountain.

The view looking down the mountain as we traveled.The sky tower was fun even though I only climbed up to the second level. Janet walked up to the top. You could see Mount Washington from there - even though it is 27 miles away (which translates into a hour and half drive - depending on traffic.)

Lovely yellow leaves.
Isn't this little cabin gorgeous! We both thought it would be the perfect place to live. Janet and her dogs, Wolf and Max, would be so happy there with all that space to run around in.
Me - I could really love living up there - Can you imagine how awesome it would be - the view would be awesome year round. The only thing would be that it would require the sky way, or the ski lift, or maybe a really nice snowmobile to get around - cause it is at the top of the summit.


I love this photo - actually I was trying to take a nice close up - but, instead I got this neat photo where the leaf is blurry and the background is so clear - you can see right through those holes in the leaf.
Here is another shot of the tower...

There is even an amphitheatre at the summit...

Little cat ears at the top of the mountain - at least that's what Janet and I thought they looked like. Lunch was at a really good BBQ place. Janet had the salad pictured above - and it looked so good. She said the veggies were so fresh.
I opted for a BBQ pork sandwich on Texas toast, slaw and home cut french fries! Oh.so.good.

I know I had a lot of fun and it was so great to meet up with Janet. She is just how I expected her to be...warm and friendly! I think our personalities meshed pretty well...and I look forward to getting together again.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Janet said...

me, too! And that was a great salad. Do you know my cousin was in the area that same day and she and her hubby, sister & bro-in-law had dinner where we wanted to have lunch originally? LOL! Boy, did I get yelled at for that :-)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Where is Loon Mountain? I hardly go anywhere new. So we need to chat on Sunday about getting some mits knit.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

How fun to get together!
Gorgeous views... I guess you'll have snowy pics for us soon!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

What a wonderful view up there huh? And I can tell you had a wonderful time also. M-m-m-m, those lunches look fantastic!

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real french fries and a real grilled sandwich. Looks great. The views almost look like the ones on my blog from the Blue Ridge Mountains.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

What beautiful scenery! I don't think I could do the gondola ride though. I can do heights but only in the car or on foot. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day out with Janet.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Now I'm hungry. Very very hungry.
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home