Thursday, October 16, 2008

Alpacas and Yarn...

Remember these little guys? Yep, they are the ones I tried to win. Well, I didn't win them...

But, I have visiting rights! Yep - my friend, Sue won them...and she told me I could go see them any time I wanted to.
And this would be the beautiful yarn I bought. It is 100% alpaca, 330 yards, DK weight. The name of the yarn is Canary Feathers - but, I have to tell you - it is the same coloring of a parakeet that I used to have when I was young. The yarn comes from a farm called Nightingale Fibers!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's not at all practical, but I was really, really, hoping you'd win one! Alrighty, I'm looking at being up your way on the 26th. It's a Sunday. Let me know if that works for you!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh how cool that someone you know was the winner. Love your new yarn too.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

I'm trying to picture you telling your landlord you wanted to keep an alpaca in your apartment, lol.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your new yarn!

Is it wrong that I'm jealous of your visiting rights?

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh WOW, you got visiting rights ... and if you had won them is that where you had planned to keep them anyway? At your friend's place? Are you going to help in the shearing & spinning too? You could be a natural on the spinning wheel ya know. (I'm a witness)

Gosh, I'm jealous.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger HaveFaith said...

I love the little alpacas. I wonder if I got some if I could convince my neighbors that they were some weird kind of Peruvean dog. Actually, most of my neighbors wouldn't care what I had in my back yard. The yarn is nice and I love the blue. Happy knitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home