Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Ten on Tuesday...


10 Great/Awful Things About Television Today

1) Great - DVR - the fact that I can record something and watch it without commercials.

2) Awful - Political advertisements - they should be banned!!!

3) Great - The Mentalist (new show) - really like it.

4) Great - The Dance shows - Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance - both of those I really like.

5) Awful - Local news from 5:00 until 6:30 PM - who the hell needs that much damn news! It's all a repeat every half hour!

6) Awful - the notice that keeps coming on about the HD thing that is coming in February 2009.
Of course they started the notice a year ago.

7) Awful - the notices telling you what is coming on next - they are usually at the bottom of the screen...and agravate me.

8) Awful - the football/basketball/whatever sport that always runs over on Sunday - so that all the shows get pushed back...and if you aren't home and using your DVR it gets all screwed up!

9) Great - Food TV - I love that channel and have learned a lot about cooking from it.

10) Awful - That all the good shows are on at the same time on the same night on different channels!

If you want - you can play here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Janet said...

don't forget those horrid medical adverts! YUCK! Nothing like watching tv with your 82 year old Dad when a commercial for c!al!s comes on. GAK!

I love Food TV, too :-) Iron Chef Japanese, Jamie Oliver, Alton Brown...all awesome chefs I learned about there.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Susan said...

The reason, if it makes any difference, for the repeated evening news broadcasts is because not everyone gets home at the same time from work. Sometimes I end up watching the end of one and the beginning of the next one.

And the football games running over. I know that's a problem for you. But since I spend months looking forward to football season, for me it's nirvana LOL. My only complaint is that I wish the Sunday night game started a bit earlier. Sometimes I have to stand up to see the end so I don't tump over snoring :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home