Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Breaking Out...

I am so excited! Have joined up with a group at Ravelry that is knitting a mystery sock.

You're thinking that's what the excitement is all about - she's knitting a sock! Please!

No, no. Let me explain...It is the Socktoberfest Mystery sock written by Kristen Kapur from Through The Loops Designs. Each week we will be given a clue and must knit that portion. So, far the cuff is done on two socks and will be starting the leg portion tonight.

But, what is so very exciting - is that I am breaking away from knitting socks from my same standard pattern...the one they taught me when I took a sock knitting class. Having knit about 8 pair of socks from that pattern - decided it was time to break out and be daring and try something new!

Wish I could show you a photo - but, you gotta wait! There are others knitting the same sock and we don't want to spoil the surprise - now do we?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I really love my simple ribbed socks but I've found when knitting Monkeys or those leaf socks that it seems like the sock goes faster when you can actually see the repeats being accomplished. Or something. Right now I have to go buy an iron and a lamp. I'm really tired of stuff wearing out around here.

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, surprise socks! Can't wait to see them.

Like the new profile pic!

And I'm finally, finally, going to have a weekend day off that's not committed to boring practical things. How does the 26th look for lunch or something?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

I noticed your pretty new profile pic too! Red is really your color, you know that?

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I can't wait to see it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home