Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ten on Tuesday...

Ten Things You Want for the Holiday

1. Sharing time with friends - whether in person, mail, or phone.

2. The ability to enjoy whatever the weather brings and not complain about it.

3. The beginning of a lifetime of enjoying my home and making it lovely.

4. The gift of finding time to explore my creativity.

5. The gift of enjoying my aloneness. It has been a hard adjustment. I have never been alone - I have always lived with parents, child, or spouse. This is the first time in my life that I have lived by myself.

6. One the material side - Seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 of Miami Vice. - I know. But it was a great series with awesome music, hot clothes, and a great cast. What can I say!

7. The book: Knitted Lace of Estonia: Techniques, Patterns and Traditions by Nancy Bush. I love lace knitting. Have I knit any - no, not yet. But, 2009 is my year for lace...

8. Puerto Rican or Cuban cookbook - there are quite a few out there. And, with Mother's mind not being what it used to be - she can no longer cook or teach me about the traditional foods of our heritage.

9. The beginning of a year of peacefulness in our country where we give the "new guy in charge" a chance to lead us to becoming the great nation we can be.

10. And, finally, a wish that all my family and friends have enough of whatever they need to make them happy.

You can play here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I've lived on my own, on and off, for years. With the dogs, it feels less alone, you know?

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I think I would have an extremely hard time getting used to someone in my space. I spread out and take it all up :-) And re #6, a lot of Phil Collins too. Oddly enough my very elderly mother was a HUGE Don Johnson fan and wouldn't miss an episode for the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home