Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blue Skies, Black Ice...

This has been a few days to write home about!

Thankfully, I am safe and only had a very short power outage - maybe just like a burp in the middle of the night. I would not have noticed it if my clock hadn't gone to flashing at me.

Others in my state are not as fortunate. Over half of the residents in my state are without power...and Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine have all suffered similar outages...

The blue skies and the sun seem to melt a lot of the ice - but, then in the evening when it gets cold again - it refreezes...then we get that yucky stuff called black ice.

So, I am staying put - in my cozy apartment - sewing on a binding to a quilt - knitting a bit - and just hanging out.

Finally organization has come into parts of my life...as some of you might have noticed. I am totally caught up on my e-mails...if I get an e-mail or comment on my blog, I am answering it that day. It feels good to be more consistant with my e-mails and my regular mail. No more piles of mail sitting around.

Well, I am off to add the binding on...take care and stay warm...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is no phone, I know! The weather is so unpredictable, EVERYWHERE! It was very very cold here this A.M. For here, I mean....
Do take good care and enjoy being all cozy....! I like that, too!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, (Michele) NetChick sent me.

I see that you are blogging about power outages today too. I'm living on an island in North America's most southerly fjord: Howe Sound. Often the moist air from the Pacific Ocean flows in here bringing the wet winter weather that people think about when they hear this is a rain forest.

Today, dry cold air from the mountains and glaciers of the interior is howling out of the north.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Tris Hussey said...

Hmm, looks I was been to the punch...

But Netchick sent me.

I used to live in ME and don't like to think about N.E. in Dec without power. Glad to hear you have power.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

Yikes! I hear you guys are getting slammed way up there. I'm glad you are not one of the unfortunate ones without power. As you have seen from my own blog - the weather has been wacky even way down here in the south!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Good that you weren't one of the areas to loose power. My daughter did but at least they had a generator. We had rain over here on the coast. Buckets of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home