Monday, December 15, 2008

Virtual Cookie Exchange...

Angela is having a Virtual Cookie Exchange! And, since I love cookies - thought I would share my favorite Christmas (and actually, year-round) cookie recipe with you.

Enjoy!!!

Lace Cookies - makes 4 dozen

1/2 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup sugar

6 tablespoons butter

3/4 cups oats

2 tablespoons heavy cream

2 tablespoons Light corn syrup

1 tablespoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

Drop 1/2 teaspoonful onto tinfoil 4 inches apart. Bake until golden brown. Let cool before removing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Hey, Sara....I tried these once many years ago and they spread ALL over the cookie sheet into one big blob. I know I must have done something wrong but can't figure out what it was. I've tasted these made by others and LOVE them....so let me know if you ever had that happen, and...if you did...what the problem was. Maybe I'll try them again.

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still making apple crisps but will be making some cookies for Christmas Eve because we have a neighborhood open house.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, if they have Karo in them, they can't be bad! =) Thanks!

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

These sound very good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home