Wednesday, January 23, 2008

B is for...

Bottles!

These bottles in my bookcase have linen and room freshener in them. I love the stuff. The smell of clean, airy, flowery, or whatever makes me happy! One of our dogs used to jump on the bed and twirl around and rub her face on the comforter everytime the bed got sprayed. She loved the stuff!!!


My favorite "nude" also sits in this bookcase - she is a bar of soap that one of the local artisans in Vermont makes.

In answer to questions about the books - I've read a lot of these - and am in the process of down-sizing my books. Other than my craft books - after I read a book I pass it on. Some go to my daughter; others to friends; others to the library for their annual sale; and some to the laundry room in my building.

Two bookcases that weren't pictured hold all my travel books - and those are hard for me to let go of. Most were bought when I was there. The other holds fiction and they will be passed on when read or re-read.

The other books that you didn't see in this post but saw when I showed photos of my completed kitchen were my cookbooks. My goodness...guess I do have a lot of books!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Janet said...

It's so hard to let go of good books...especially cook books!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Haha, I'll say you do. It's sometimes hard to let go of a book, but I did it the last two times I moved. If I read it, it got a new home. I even recently started parting with some cookbooks. Had to make more room for knitting books right? And I'd rather be knitting than cooking these days, LOL.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, I wish I was staying somewhere near you to receive some of your books! Each month I buy 10-15 books and discard none! Now I do not have place to keep those!

I am planning to move in May and yet to giveaway books. I do donate to old age homes though.

Michele sent me your way so early today!

PS: I am currently reading a Sandra Brown novel.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Omykiss said...

That's a lot of bottles .... I love bottles and have a small collection. They're all empty though. Maybe I should photograph some of them ... mmmmmm!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Venus of Willendorf, right? How amazing to have her in soap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home