Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Northampton, MA...WEBS...

Thursday, the 15th - was a get-away-day for me!!! My little brain had been working overtime and I wanted to go to Northampton...actually to Smith College.

But, then I heard WEBS was there! YEA!

The drive down was uneventful...nice trip - not a lot of traffic...just a quiet jaunt on Interstate 91. Was heading in what I thought was the direction for Smith when I saw a sign for a bead shop. Now that grabbed my attention. So, I pulled in. The bead shop belongs to WEBS - the same people who own the fiber shop...

I was directed around the corner to the fiber shop - and from there everything went to you-know-where-in-a-handbasket!

The front of the store! The entrance to more-yarn-than-you-can-count! I strolled and then I discovered the back room! But, I was a good! And, I didn't spend a lot...I could have done a lot of damage - but, I was reasonable!
Jaeger Baby Merino - 200 Yards - enough for two sets of Henry's Paws or the adorable hat I've been looking at. ($2.00 ea)
Berroco Comfort DK - Nylon/Acrylic (50/50) - enough for a pair of socks that I promised someone and this is a great blue for them. ($3.00 ea)
And, finally, ten skeins of Plymouth Linen Isle - cotton/rayon/linen - enough for a cute little summer shell...or vest type thing... ($2.39 ea)

I'll go back there...it was a fun place to look around and the yarns are very nice...

Tomorrow: Smith College!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

I've YET to go to WEBS. Can you believe it?

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Gorgeous shade of blue. :)

Sara! Thank you so much for the offer... my friend Charles surprised me and sent me that issue! :) Very sweet of you to think of me. I love Rufus. :)
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home