Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ten on Tuesday...

Ten Inventions that Have Made Life Easier

1) The Internet: Never in my life did I think that I would be able to communicate, get information, or just search for things that interested me in a flash!

2) Television: Who would have ever thought that there would be more than 3 channels and that it would be in color!

3) DVDs and CDs - what a pleasure not to have to worry about them getting ruined in the car by either heat or cold.

4) Computerized sewing machines: They can make sewing so much easier and there is the option of so many stitches that were never available on the old machines.

5) Rotary cutter: a quilter would understand how much easier they have made cutting when working on a quilt pattern.

6) Slow Cookers (Crock Pots): Not only do they cook well - but, they save so much time because you can be cooking dinner while at work or doing other things.

7) Photocopy machines: For quilters or knitters they are a life saver as you don't have to mark up your books when making a pattern!

8) Color printers and scanners for the home: How wonderful to be able to scan your photos or print out photos and information!

9) Digital cameras: This has to be my most favorite invention!!! Not only do I use it more than I have ever used a camera! I don't waste money on film or developing photos to see if they turned out okay.

10) Washers and dryers: Even though I love the smell of clothes hanging on the line - I still am thankful for washers and dryers...and the convenience they bring.

You can find Ten on Tuesday here!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Janet said...

what a great list of modern conveniences!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Those all make life so much brighter. :) I can't imagine life without some of them.

You coincidentally did a Grateful Tuesday as well. :)

~S

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Great list! I think I would have chosen many of the same things. Having grown up in the early era of TV (before color!) it's just amazing what has changed since then.

I love my washer and dryer but still would love to be able to hang clothes outside. My neighborhood doesn't allow it!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

I love your list. Cars are a blessing too and a curse sometimes. Our vet is an hour away (my choice) and I am grateful not to have to cycle or take the cats on a bus to get there. I'm sure they're glad of that too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home