Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Spa - Part 2...

Of course there was shopping...and it started before I even arrived in Massachusetts. The drive down was on Interstate 91 through Vermont ... and there was a sign for Putney. Green Mountain Spinnery is in Putney! And, they have a very small shop there.

This is what I bought - 2 ounces (180 yards) of wool/tencel in this great purple color! It was a very nice little place to take a short break.

Saturday afternoon we headed into Sturbridge and an adorable yarn shop called Knit Witts. It was one of the best shops I've been in - the owner was very knowledgeable about her stock, her patterns, and she was very friendly!

This is Ariel...made in Italy by Filatura Di Crosa. 50% Cotton, 40% Viscose, 10% Polymide. Color 1 - Dye Lot 0010 - 164 yards a skein. It will be either one or two Crossed Drop Stitch Scarf - one of her give away patterns.
Dawn would be the gorgeous yarn above. It is made in New Zealand for Naturally Hand Knit Yarns and is distributed by Fiber Trends. The color is a cranberry color - named Shade 2 and it is Batch 1 - 50% New Zealand Wool and 50% Silk. It is so soft to the touch...
The Dawn yarn will become the Angel Lace Shawl pictured above! I am so excited!!!
This is one of my finished projects - a beautiful dishcloth. It is knit in Sugar 'n Cream - Colorway Tea Rose. The pattern is called Baby Fern Stitch.

The other item I finished was a cat snuggle for the local shelter - just an 11" x 11" square that will fit in the bottom of those metal crates to keep the kitties warm. It is just made out of odds and ends...and I am spending the 1/2 hour I watch Jeopardy each evening working on a snuggle.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Janet said...

LOVE that tea rose color!

Someone who used to be my best friend lives in Putney...I miss her to this day!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarns and a GORGEOUS dishcloth!

What a wonderful way to spend 1/2 an hour a day; knitting for the kitties. You're a good woman.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Susan said...

The shawl will be gorgeous! I love that color. And the dishcloth looks to pretty to use. What a soft, genteel color. Maybe to wash a teacup that had been rinsed out first. :-)

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh I love the Dawn ... the color (and I bet the feel) is wonderful. Going to be beautiful in the shawl. The dish cloth is wonderful too. When I make dish cloths they become my "face cloths" rather than for dishes. They get sent to dish duty once they become faded and worn, LOL.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

These yarns are just GORGEOUS! I can see how you would just want to get into knitting with each one as soon as possible. That one from Italy is just stunning, as is that Cranberry from New Zealand. Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home